50's to 80's fresh water fishing ponds

124»
  • Ping
    Some pics to share. This fishing pond was located somewhere near Bishan Park and Ang Mo Kio (before the flats and park were built).

• Ping
    more pics..

• Ping
    more pics..

• bond
    Hi Ping.....thanks for yr photos.
    BTW...u knw the name of the pond?
    Could it be the pond now in Bishan Park?
    Very old sch type...which yr ah?
    Guess u fish there ya?
    :D
  • Ping
    u r welcome bond.
    I do not know the pond's name and its exact location.
    Don't think it is the current Bishan Park pond though.
    Think it is in the 70s (my dad's time).
    I am born in the 70s, too young to fish during that time.
  • bond
    Ping" said:
    u r welcome bond.
    I do not know the pond's name and its exact location.
    Don't think it is the current Bishan Park pond though.
    Think it is in the 70s (my dad's time).
    I am born in the 70s, too young to fish during that time.
    OK bro.....very nice photo in black and white.
    If u have any more...pls post it here.
    Thank you.
  • bond
    YCK

Anyone try their fish and chip before?????

• playtime
    wow... my uncle taught to fish at Ng Tiong Choon. Googled the name and found a thread here.

anyone got photos of the pond?? Miss the place.
  • Tinker
    Some pics of pond fishing. Remembered I was fishing at Bishan Pond at Bishan Park, during Chinese New Year period and coincidentally it was a CNY Fishing competition and I won first prize with a 18.6Lb Big Headed Carp. Prize was presented to me by actress Chen Li Ping(Ai Yo Yo) who was much slimmer and younger then....

3rd pic were the Big Headed Carps(Song Hu) caught at ACN pond in Kranji. Pond had a lot of Black and red Grassies, Song Hu, Belida, Freshwater kim etc...and operated by Ah Ho.

When Bishan Pond first started, all the ponds were freshwater. Sometime later, two of the ponds were converted into saltwater ponds leaving the farthest two adjoining ponds freshwater.

• banhock
    looks like your secret receipe bait is really kicking ass.
  • Rainbowfish
    Tinker" said:
    Some pics of pond fishing. Remembered I was fishing at Bishan Pond at Bishan Park, during Chinese New Year period and coincidentally it was a CNY Fishing competition and I won first prize with a 18.6Lb Big Headed Carp. Prize was presented to me by actress Chen Li Ping(Ai Yo Yo) who was much slimmer and younger then....

3rd pic were the Big Headed Carps(Song Hu) caught at ACN pond in Kranji. Pond had a lot of Black and red Grassies, Song Hu, Belida, Freshwater kim etc...and operated by Ah Ho.

When Bishan Pond first started, all the ponds were freshwater. Sometime later, two of the ponds were converted into saltwater ponds leaving the farthest two adjoining ponds freshwater.
    Awesome pictures of Bishan pond, bring back memories. Those are the days where still can fish for freshwater fishes. Remembered there was this guy who is a regular there called Richard also.
  • Derrick Lim
    He is also known as "Jesus ",full of theroy!
  • jambul
    Tinker" said:

Walau, so handsome last time ah...actually now still not bad la...except no marker to shoot.

Whatever happened to the shoot marker session at FP?
  • markus92
    jambul" said:

Walau, so handsome last time ah...actually now still not bad la...except no marker to shoot.

Whatever happened to the shoot marker session at FP?

where have all the marker shooter ppl gone now a days :?: i wonder how many are left.

if u shoot marker do let me know :lol:
  • Angling Addict
    Thread revival......

• The killer
    Wow .. treasure photo..
    Now l knw ABU exists in early 70s .. l was not on earth yet ...
  • mac-abu
    Good old days!!
  • Bo sang Fishing
    Wow those pictures are fantastic. It really bring us back to the good old days. Till now I never give up the skill of marker shooting. I have learn marker shoot skill from a very oldman in the 1970's and I dun think young skillful anglers practise this anymore.

I use too marker shoot at the quarry and result always show a better catch of 20 out of 2 from my friend. Fishes are usually nicely hook on the lips. I hope this practise will not die off.

Regards
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Tinker" said:

[attachment-img]234603[/attachment-img]
    [attachment-img]234604[/attachment-img]
    [attachment-img]234605[/attachment-img]
    The amount of pictures stored in our servers, I wish I could take all of them out one by one.

Some of them have that "resized by fishingkaki.com", surely the original is stored.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Ya it would be nice to get more of these old pictures. I am going to comb the server gallery.
  • bond
    Upsssssss
    Tampines Fishing Pond
  • mangoorange
    bond said:
    Upsssssss
    Tampines Fishing Pond
    ​Omg. I googled for fun and was brought back to the past with all of your pictures especially the pictures taken from Tampines Fishing Pond and Bishan Park!  

My grandmother ran the Tampines Fishing Pond in the 1970s. My Ma and Aunty had helped out and worked at the counter since they were kids, together with their siblings. I lived in the aquatic plants farm behind the ponds, there were manybcoconut trees and a goatherder who would pass by by our zinc roof house everyday.

After we were forced to move out from Tampines, it took us many years later to run the fishing pond and bicycle rental kiosk at Bishan Park as the first operator. My uncle gave the company a very apt name “Reel & Ride”. 

It is so fantastic to see your photo posts @bond ;and @Tinker i may be able to find more pictures from the albums. Am just wondering if anybody is still following/reading this thread too. 
  • mangoorange
    edited February 15
    Here’s a photo of my uncles at the pond

• bond
    Wow....nice to hear fr u bro. Hope u can post more old nostalgic photo.
    BTW....which Bishan pond yr uncle operate? The freshwater pond nearest to the car park?
  • mangoorange
    Yes. The big pond at Bishan Park! My brothers and I spent our school holidays and weekends there. 
    My ma remembers the old timer names mentioned in the earlier thread like “Cartoon”, “Richard/Preacher/Jesus” and etc. She helped run and operate the Tampines Fishing Pond.  
    Did you use to fish there too? 

• bond
    Yes...i was at Singapore pond or Tampines pond on every sat...overnight fishing.
    Think yr mother will remember Spider too. hahaha
    Pls post more photo of the ponds.

Thks