Jigging with a stiff rod

Tekkai
edited July 2016 in Jigging & Popping
Hi guys, do any of you jig with a stiff rod? (Im using a jigging master rod but I forgot the model lol) What type of jigging will you recommend when using a stiff rod? I have been trying slow pitch jigging but I haven't caught any fish yet lol. Im using an accurate DX2-600N reel with an 80lbs braid line. (I know you guys will probably say that 80lbs is to thick) LOL.
  • fishcrazyboy
    fast jigging. slow pitch is SLOW bro. and the rod is mostly softer if you using a slow pitch jig that slide. 
  • Tekkai
    fast jigging. slow pitch is SLOW bro. and the rod is mostly softer if you using a slow pitch jig that slide. 
    alright thanks man. What jigging do you recommend if the current is very strong. Apart from using heavier weights of course.
  • premium2
    edited July 2016
    Tekkai said:
    alright thanks man. What jigging do you recommend if the current is very strong. Apart from using heavier weights of course.
    Heavy bottom weighted long jig, it'll get down to the bottom fast. If you are fishing in Bali / Komodo / Alor would recommend 400gm to 1kg jig if fishing at those channel. 
  • jiggingAk
    I use this Crafty One jigging rod for our strong tides here in Alaska.It handles 10 to 24ounce jigs fine

i
  • monstrad

I mostly do slow jigging as its not so tiring

my bottom sinker setup doubles as my fast jigging set up if I want target tengiri with jigs