Drag replacement - Shimano TRITON Beastmaster 4/0 2-speed

NightAngler
edited October 2005 in Reels
Reel is out of production & none of our local tackle shop is able to help on it.

Any reel techie out there can help?

Thanks in advance

Yew Seng

• Icebomb
    Helo, sorry for hijacking but why none of the tackle shop able to help?Me gonna replace my triton speedmaster also so thanks for the help!
  • Anonymous
    If the original drag pad is not longer available, you have custom make one; AO or Changi Pro.
  • Allen
    Yew Seng, I saw those fin nor drag material (cork) in Coho. I think Henry can easy cut to the extact size for you.

Rdgs / Allen
  • NightAngler
    Allen" said:
    Yew Seng, I saw those fin nor drag material (cork) in Coho. I think Henry can easy cut to the extact size for you.

Rdgs / Allen
    Allen,

What I was told is that the drag material is being glued onto a base plate & there's where problem can arise if adhesive glue used can't take the load.

Will try to figure out myself during monsoon period & see what can be done. There should be a type of LOCTITE available that meet the specs(high adhesive strength & withstand reasonable temp). I'd used a very strong LOCTITE adhesive sealant for 4 screws on my anchor bow roller when I replaced the original plastic roller with customed brass rollers & the 4 screws are still holding up very well after more than a year.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

BR
    Yew Seng