Replacing an Old drag.

poptart
edited December 2005 in Reels
Hi guys, sorry to bother. any body knows where can i get drags for this reel?
It is a pretty old real when i bought it when i was in Pri 5 in 1995. reckoned that this old reel is so cheap at that time to have spare parts manufactured for it.

Reason for overhauling:being sentimental

Model of Reel: Jarvis Walker Classic 550 Graphite Conrstruction Gear Ratio 4.8:1

thank you for looking!

• Anonymous
    Pictures resized, please restrict to 800x600pixels or less.

Your reel is not commonly found and it is quite old, therefore to find spare part is a difficult task. Unless, it is worth the effort to modify.
  • poptart
    hi, thank you for your prompt reply. This reel is sentimental. possible to mod ? any directions you can provide me?

Thousand thanks in advance.
  • Allen
    Hi,

If u looking for the round metal washer with the square hole inside as in first pic than quite difficult u may need to consider like what Jack said.

Manually - u can get round washer slowly file the square hole.
    Getting machine shop to create a relipca will be much easier but will cause a little.

Rdgs / Allen
  • petrading
    If u wanna replay that piece of metal, just go to machining shop, they'll do it for u. If wanna icrease the drag, just get some thin carpet and make sure not velvet kinda fabric material, cut it into the shape. If really cant find, then u can try using the plastic CD holder, therez a thin fabric in between right? take the fabric out & cut according to the shape. Make like 2 or 3 of that then place it with the metal piece into ur reel. Thatz wat I did to my shimano 2500, it work great~!!! Hope can help~!
  • poptart
    petrading" said:
    If u wanna replay that piece of metal, just go to machining shop, they'll do it for u. If wanna icrease the drag, just get some thin carpet and make sure not velvet kinda fabric material, cut it into the shape. If really cant find, then u can try using the plastic CD holder, therez a thin fabric in between right? take the fabric out & cut according to the shape. Make like 2 or 3 of that then place it with the metal piece into ur reel. Thatz wat I did to my shimano 2500, it work great~!!! Hope can help~!
    Fantastic! i will try it! :lol:
  • petrading
    Make sure the pieces that u cut is clean & of course free of greese~!