CR : Sedili - Pulau Aur, 15th - 16th October 2005

foong
edited October 2005 in Catch Reports
Morning all, especially to Catalyst, Robsen, Blackmarlin and Mac-Abu.

Let the pictures do the talking. There will be more pics coming up soon.
Cheers.

• foong
    More pics.

• foong
    More pics.

• foong
    More pics.

• foong
    More pics.

• foong
    More pics.

• foong
    More pics.

• foong
    More pics.

• foong
    More pics.

• foong
    End of Part 1.

Thanks to James G, Michael, Gab, Collin, Cheung, Andi and his cousin for making this trip a success.

Cheers, Foong.
  • Old Man
    =D> =D> =D> =D>
    :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
  • pow73
    Super lah.... Good catch... Nice trip. =D> :supz:
  • sunburned
    Excellent pics, and sounds like you guys enjoyed the trip. Colin - you must have been in 7th heaven, with your smile from ear to ear.... :smt023

Cheers,
    SB
  • Gary Lim
    Grats Colin on your marlin! :smt023

Great pics and descriptions guys, seems you all had a helluva trip! Can't wait to get my hands on a marlin too! :twisted:
  • Kenn
    nice fishes u caught esp the marlin...
  • gaultan
    Hi ,

grats on ur prized catch... :D [/i]
  • venpk09
    nice marlin! jealous sia! :lol:
  • Vin Tan
    Great catch on Marlin :twisted:
  • iam537
    Foong,

Great CR and even better pics!!! :supz:
  • Shadystep
    well done man, on the marlin being catch.

wondered how long will it take to be a big game fishos? just going toventure into off shoal fishing recently.

hai, marlin, wait for me............................................................

cheers and tight lines
  • foong
    Shadystep" said:
    well done man, on the marlin being catch.

wondered how long will it take to be a big game fishos? just going toventure into off shoal fishing recently.

hai, marlin, wait for me............................................................

cheers and tight lines

:smt023 you'll get one someday, just don't think about chasing 1. It'll come naturally.

Btw, i'll send you PM on Monday regards to what we discussed earlier this week.

Cheers.
  • Allen
    Hi Foong,

There was a very big Tongol u got there ! did u guy eat it or use as bait ?
    How long Colins take to bring back that black and in what tackle ?

I love the hard fighting marlin of Aur, will never forget this place in my life - madness journey, hot sun, huge fish, lot of booze and most important found all my kakis there.

Cheers / Allen
  • foong
    Allen" said:
    Hi Foong,

There was a very big Tongol u got there ! did u guy eat it or use as bait ?
    How long Colins take to bring back that black and in what tackle ?

I love the hard fighting marlin of Aur, will never forget this place in my life - madness journey, hot sun, huge fish, lot of booze and most important found all my kakis there.

Cheers / Allen
    glad you liked Aur. The tongkol was processed on wednesday for curry seafood. Great flavour indeed.

As for booze, couldnt do so, as the boatmen were malays. more of respect for them.

Cheers.
  • $1.50
    Thanks for all the compliments guys! My 1st attempt at landing one :oops:

I heng heng kena the marlin oni, was targeting more for tengirri actually. I initially thought the guys were joking when they shouted "Marlin!".

Much thanks to Foong, Michael and Gabriel for the CR and the pics :wink:

Maybe with some luck we may get to go again before the North-east moonsoon hits us 8)

Allen - I landed the blackie using Penn Sea Ranger 35 - 55lbs and my really old but trusty Penn GLS 25 with 50lbs Tuf Line. Overkill for such a small marlin but then, the fish still takes line like nobody's business! Took us rd 10 -15mins to bring the fish to the boat.
  • foong
    $1.50" said:

I heng heng kena the marlin oni, was targeting more for tengirri actually. I initially thought the guys were joking when they shouted "Marlin!".

Maybe with some luck we may get to go again before the North-east moonsoon hits us 8)

Allen - I landed the blackie using Penn Sea Ranger 35 - 55lbs and my really old but trusty Penn GLS 25 with 50lbs Tuf Line. Overkill for such a small marlin but then, the fish still takes line like nobody's business! Took us rd 10 -15mins to bring the fish to the boat.
    The fight lasted 10 mins Collin,I timed it. :wink: Besides, the fish was about 25KG, so basically your gear and the marlin was more or less even in poundage capabilities.

Next weekend any free time? :twisted:

PS : Collin, any more pics to pass on to me? PM me for email address, cheers.
  • Allen
    $1.50" said:

Collin, u veri lucky to have such a by-catch :roll:
    I will be a very happy man too... Penn GLS 25 super proven reel...
    the one whom taught me how to catch marlin also use this :wink:
  • foong
    Allen" said:
    [quote="$1.50"]Thanks for all the compliments guys! My 1st attempt at landing one :oops:

Collin, u veri lucky to have such a by-catch :roll:
    I will be a very happy man too... Penn GLS 25 super proven reel...
    the one whom taught me how to catch marlin also use this :wink:[/quote]

one thing about this reel is that it scream louder than any other reel that i know of...!
  • foong
    iam537" said:
    Foong,

Great CR and even better pics!!! :supz:
    thanks Les.

Too bad you and the rest of Team SLAP couldn't join us. However, there's always next time, OK?

Cheers and thanks for the compliments.
  • nick
    Wow! Nice and awsome catches :shock: :lol: phweet phweet! nice marlin. The selar so fresh best steamed without scales then peel it of very sweet...yummy....
  • Robsen Chang
    foong" said:
    Morning all, especially to Catalyst, Robsen, Blackmarlin and Mac-Abu.

Cheers. :wink:
    Belated morning to you...just read this. :wink:

foong...Good trip and good catch guys...well done =D> =D> :smt023

Nice pics. n CR also... :wink:

Rob
  • foong
    Robsen Chang" said:
    [quote="foong"]Morning all, especially to Catalyst, Robsen, Blackmarlin and Mac-Abu.

Cheers. :wink:
    Belated morning to you...just read this. :wink:

foong...Good trip and good catch guys...well done =D> =D> :smt023

Nice pics. n CR also... :wink:

Rob[/quote]

thanks rob. how's rompin? any good?

Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2019