1st cr on the new forum

giant trevally
edited April 2005 in General Fishing
caught tis fellow using live prawn on low tide tis afternoon. and thanks captain yesterday for the resizer link or i wouldn't be able to post...

• shineshy
    so wat did u do to the fish ? ...issit true not many would eat this / or did i remember wrongly..

anyway...ppl out there, if u do eat, wats the best recipe out there :?:
  • Captain Yesterday
    That's a very good size caoxi. Most people will eat this fish but it has a mild muddy smell. I had ever tried this fish from a coffee shop restaurant and it was pretty good, no muddy smell at all, and the fish was steamed. Not sure about the recipe though. I would choose to eat this fish over a farmed kbl.
  • giant trevally
    the fish was given to my fren.. ya he said the method to cook is to steam it..
  • Botakmigrain
    shineshy" said:
    so wat did u do to the fish ? ...issit true not many would eat this / or did i remember wrongly..

anyway...ppl out there, if u do eat, wats the best recipe out there :?:
    hi bro,nice size tudung periuk,its very tasty to cook with kari or lemak....
  • giant trevally
    from wat my fren told me is dat fish of tis size are quite common there.... i got two more but sangkut so i dunno wat fish is it :(
  • Trevor
    Wow... Great size for steaming!!

Mind i ask what rig and where u caught it?

• giant trevally
    okay i also dunno wat rig is it called but as for the place its under the brigde opp marina sq.. use live prawn cuz its more effective.