Hybrids and Grouper CR/guts needed

pieeroll
Hi all,

I'm currently doing a research project in NUS (Department of Biological Sciences) regarding hybrid groupers, hoping to expand into diets of local groupers next year. Hopefully, I can have enough data to share my findings here :smiley: 

I'll only be needing the guts of the groupers plus the photo of your catch. If possible, please put the guts in the freezer until we meet! You can contact me at 82004570 WhatsApp for me to arrange a collection from you. If any interested kakis willing to assist otherwise, please send me a message to connect also, thank you.

I've included some pics of what I do back in the lab when I get the guts - 

Remains of a prawn in the stomach of a malabar grouper.

Groupers swallow their prey whole, and it is really interesting to find out that this sixbar grouper took my live prawn on tenya on a full stomach.
  • Michael Lim
    I have personally found whole crabs, whole squids and I believe once a whole octopus while cleaning my catches.
  • pieeroll
    I have personally found whole crabs, whole squids and I believe once a whole octopus while cleaning my catches.
    ​Yeah they're known to swallow their prey whole, and I'm actually studying whether the diets of hybrids overlap with local groupers so that will be interesting to see more guts