Beginner Looking For Sifu/Kakis

dominic.tan
Hi, I just got into bc fishing, trying to land some peacock bass from Bedok Reservoir and some other places, been out about 10 times and still 0 fish caught. Any kind soul can give me some advise on the bait/lure and the reeling strategy? Willing to learn :smiley: 

PS: Here to make friends too and please please please jio me to fishing also, fishing alone can be scary sometimes 

Cheers 
  • uekarashi
    I live pretty near Rochor Canal / Kallang Riverside Park. If ever in the area can jio, feel free to PM :smile: 

• dominic.tan
    Just went there in the morning, will jio when I go again :wink: 
  • Michael Lim
    Hi, I just got into bc fishing, trying to land some peacock bass from Bedok Reservoir and some other places, been out about 10 times and still 0 fish caught. Any kind soul can give me some advise on the bait/lure and the reeling strategy? Willing to learn :smiley: 

PS: Here to make friends too and please please please jio me to fishing also, fishing alone can be scary sometimes 

Cheers 

Bedok Reservoir is a lil dead these days, and I blank out there often too.

So it may not be just be a user issue.  Try various lures, vary your retrieve speed and pattern.   And use a good balanced setup.  This way, you will improve your chances on actually tempting them to bite.

PBs tend to go for fast moving lures, so try minnows (perch colour/pattern, gold, orange, and white are often popular colours).  Topwater also works too, but you need to use a slightly stiffer tip setup to get the best action out of the lure.  Test and try out various methods and see which works best for you.
  • dominic.tan

Cheers 

Bedok Reservoir is a lil dead these days, and I blank out there often too.

So it may not be just be a user issue.  Try various lures, vary your retrieve speed and pattern.   And use a good balanced setup.  This way, you will improve your chances on actually tempting them to bite.

PBs tend to go for fast moving lures, so try minnows (perch colour/pattern, gold, orange, and white are often popular colours).  Topwater also works too, but you need to use a slightly stiffer tip setup to get the best action out of the lure.  Test and try out various methods and see which works best for you.
    ​I see, guess I will just keep trying and thank you very much for the tips :)