tips on prmp luring

billyyyyy
hi, im rly new into fishing and need some tips and solution to some problems i faced.

1. which line and line poundage wld provide good casting distance and strength fr prmp luring?

currently looking at suffix 832, berkley fireline, j-braid, power pro and sunline siglon. 

i usually use 10lb not sure if i shld downsize to 8lb or 6lb (mite risk the strength of the line)

2. any tips on how to cast an ultralight setup further?

3. any cheap light to medium action rods to recommend? (preferably below the $70 price range)

4. the bail of my reel sometimes snaps shut halfway when i cast with a little more strength. is it smth wrong with my bail spring or smth else?

5. my line frays. dk if its caused by my bail snapping shut or cause the line isnt lined up on the roller properly

sorry fr the amount of qns rly noob. 

thankyou

• Michael Lim
    billyyyyy said:
    hi, im rly new into fishing and need some tips and solution to some problems i faced.

1. which line and line poundage wld provide good casting distance and strength fr prmp luring?

currently looking at suffix 832, berkley fireline, j-braid, power pro and sunline siglon. 

i usually use 10lb not sure if i shld downsize to 8lb or 6lb (mite risk the strength of the line)

2. any tips on how to cast an ultralight setup further?

3. any cheap light to medium action rods to recommend? (preferably below the $70 price range)

4. the bail of my reel sometimes snaps shut halfway when i cast with a little more strength. is it smth wrong with my bail spring or smth else?

5. my line frays. dk if its caused by my bail snapping shut or cause the line isnt lined up on the roller properly

sorry fr the amount of qns rly noob. 

thankyou

​1. 10lb is ok, but you definitely can go down lower if needed for longer distances and more finesse to target the more finicky or smaller fishes esp with smaller lures.

2. It's all to do about balance and practise.  Getting the right setup and balanced properly with the correct sized lines, leaders and lure weight will do the trick.

3. The cheaper ones tend to be lower in performance usually.  There may be some which may do the trick, but far and few in between.

4. It could be a short spring or that the catch is faulty, you might want to send it in  for servicing or if it's a cheap reel, might as well get a new one.

5. Check the line roller, guides and tips.  Run a old stocking thru the areas and see if it catches.
  • billyyyyy
    thanks alot