Are P Ris DBest Pond fishes safe to eat?

phploh
Hi, my friend is a regular at the DBest Pond and he visits the place at least once a week.

Usually he would catch the red snapper and golden snapper and he now and then gives me (I am his neighbour) some of his catch. The fishes are tasty and great but I do have a nagging concern, so I would appreciate if someone here on the board can help me.

What I would like to know is that are these fishes safe  enough to be eaten long-term? I have the following questions and would appreciate an informative answer from someone who really knows:

1. Where exactly in Johor do the fishes come from? From a commercial farm, from fishermen out at sea or from Kelong)?

2. How do the local ponds in Singapore, such as DBest, maintain the quality of t\heir fishes and the cleanliness of their ponds?

3. Does the DBest Pond follows and WSH protocol and are their imports subjected to HSA or NEA regulations, if any?

I am aware that the bottom of the pond must go through some cleaning otherwise there will be toxins and mercury build-up, which will inevitably get into the fishes.

I would appreciate if anyone enlighten me on this.
  • qoonutz
    Take a trip down to DBest and see/smell/touch yourself. Scared? Don’t eat. Politely reject your neighbour.