Scorpion DC?!?

GreyL
Hey everyone, was looking to buy my first DC reel and i decided on a Scorpion DC

Anyone knows where i could get one and whats the expected damage to my wallet XD
  • Crosty
    Any reason why choose the Scorpion DC as your first DC reel? 
  • GreyL
    It might sound like a dumb reason but I find it slightly, Just slighty abit more comfortable to palm and well... its black XD it does have more adjustment setting but I didn't really played around with it that much

I tried my friend's Scorpion DC and curado DC from another friend, fished a couple session with both and came to that conclusion, but since he got his from Japan when he was on holiday so thats why I'm trying to find out if i could get one locally if not then I'll just get curado dc instead 
  • banex
    i personally own a Scorpion DC, Metanium DC, Curado DC and Exsence DC.
    Scorpion DC is ok, lower in profile and as said easier to palm. Curado i have given to a friend in china. If you wanna buy a DC, suggestion to buy Metanium or Scorpion. Exsence or Antares would be your next option.
    I personally prefer the Metanium DC. its my all time favourite and have placed orders for 4 more in china. I am in china most of the time anyway and i won my second placing on a Metanium DC. 
    Just a fun fact, i was anti-bait casters all these years as a lurer, now i am a DC frantic. 
    Performance wise, scorpion dc is still more prone to backlashes while on the learning curve. trust me, been there done that. DC does not guarantee you no backlash. Initially when i started learning baitcasters, i had a thumb problem that my thumb will slack off when i am going to cast my lure. DCs greatly reduce the chances of backlash and birds nest not totally. 
    Antares and Exsence are really huge. Hard to palm but fun to cast with. but the IDCS system is hard to get used to.
    Hope this helps.
  • GreyL
    banex said:
    i personally own a Scorpion DC, Metanium DC, Curado DC and Exsence DC.
    Scorpion DC is ok, lower in profile and as said easier to palm. Curado i have given to a friend in china. If you wanna buy a DC, suggestion to buy Metanium or Scorpion. Exsence or Antares would be your next option.
    I personally prefer the Metanium DC. its my all time favourite and have placed orders for 4 more in china. I am in china most of the time anyway and i won my second placing on a Metanium DC. 
    Just a fun fact, i was anti-bait casters all these years as a lurer, now i am a DC frantic. 
    Performance wise, scorpion dc is still more prone to backlashes while on the learning curve. trust me, been there done that. DC does not guarantee you no backlash. Initially when i started learning baitcasters, i had a thumb problem that my thumb will slack off when i am going to cast my lure. DCs greatly reduce the chances of backlash and birds nest not totally. 
    Antares and Exsence are really huge. Hard to palm but fun to cast with. but the IDCS system is hard to get used to.
    Hope this helps.
    ​Thanks, my friend sold me his scorpion dc and I played around with it and find it really helpful when casting directly into wind and still get decent distance.

I wanted a DC because i hoped it could help to prevent or at least lessen the overruns mid cast during the night where i can't see as well and so far I'm impressed.

Oh btw where did you buy your DCs in china in a shop or online, and is it cheaper or more ex?. Half of my family is in china if its online and is cheaper i would rather ask my uncle to order future DCs for me XD if that is if I become a DC addict
  • banex
    got all my DCs in China, but do order from empowered dealers the certs are posted online. I have had bad experience with parallel import sets before. Do try out the metanium DCs. u will change your view on the scorpion.
    DCs also afford u a rare luxury of night fishing with baitcasters. no need to thumb at the end of a cast. 
    Get from China, but shop around and ID a few. Add me on wechat if u want lol.