Is it worth going to pasir ris big pond nowadays?

juntjs
I haven't been there for almost 2 years, just would like to know how is it running there nowadays 
  • Gresini
    Abt 2 decades ago Pro Pond there was fun. Nothing near those days anymore.
  • bond
    edited January 30
    Just went last Sun night. Got about 12 pcs of ngoh, kim, AC and MJ.
    3 pcs fr rubber...the rest on live and dead prawn. 

I always fish at the place where water comes in....used to have a bridge there.
    Heard that on Sun morning got put in water...maybe thats y fish open mouth.
  • juntjs
    You mean they only let in fresh seawater every Sunday?
  • bond
    edited January 30
    juntjs said:
    You mean they only let in fresh seawater every Sunday?
    ​No....not every sunday. If u happen to fish when they let in water, its yr lucky day.
  • Michael Lim
    Been pretty meh the last few trips I was there...  Baiting is the only way to get decent hits.  Lurers suffered badly recently probably due to the water quality.  2nd last trip, lurers blanked out mostly...  The only ones who got fish were baiters.... even when fish was released from the nets, there were almost nil takes.

Last trip on tuesday 29th was a lil better.  It was heard that they released some water and improved the condition slightly.  During the morning session, during the fish release, almost no one caught anything.  Only 2 fishes were caught during the release time in front of the office.  Only when we moved over to Kampong side, did things improve slightly...  there the baiters were still hitting fishes easily.  But at least the lurers were starting to get some hits and were able to land a couple of fishes.

Personally, I think it's better to avoid for now unless you are into baiting....  and wait til they change the water properly.
  • juntjs
    Been pretty meh the last few trips I was there...  Baiting is the only way to get decent hits.  Lurers suffered badly recently probably due to the water quality.  2nd last trip, lurers blanked out mostly...  The only ones who got fish were baiters.... even when fish was released from the nets, there were almost nil takes.

Last trip on tuesday 29th was a lil better.  It was heard that they released some water and improved the condition slightly.  During the morning session, during the fish release, almost no one caught anything.  Only 2 fishes were caught during the release time in front of the office.  Only when we moved over to Kampong side, did things improve slightly...  there the baiters were still hitting fishes easily.  But at least the lurers were starting to get some hits and were able to land a couple of fishes.

Personally, I think it's better to avoid for now unless you are into baiting....  and wait til they change the water properly.
    ​didnt know they allow the water to stagnant so long, I was thinking of going there to do some luring I guess I think twice now. Thanks for info
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Like most fishing it is on or off. Pasir Ris is especially effected by the water condition. With that said, Live Prawns and Dead Bait always work like what most of the posters are saying here. 

When in doubt, spin or hop a dead prawn.
  • Melvin Lee
    edited January 31
    Try to walk around before paying the fee. If you spotted fish swimming restlessly or swimming near the banks especially sea bass, its a sign you should not fish that day. Fish in captivity including your fish tank rely mostly on the ph level of the water its residing. At times water may be super clear or clean but fish are still sick, that could be most likely the cause. Due to recent heat waves and strange downpour, our water system are greatly affected. You can see that many fish especially peacock bass are dying in reservoirs. Wait few more weeks hopefully mother nature provide some good temperature and rain to change the current situation.

Do not give up on Pasir Ris pond. This place provides me with all the super cheap thrill for the past 15yrs. If you have the urge and wants to go, try using scented soft plastics. Try luring at the side where the office is exactly at the opposite. Try going when the sun is strongest (about 3pm). Hit rate may reduce (depends on individual luck as well) but chances still exist. After all anglers are full of hope.
  • Michael Lim
    juntjs said:

​didnt know they allow the water to stagnant so long, I was thinking of going there to do some luring I guess I think twice now. Thanks for info
    ​Tat said, a kaki of mine went down yesterday and managed a bag of about 18 fishes probably over 4 rods.  Most were caught on lures, so it might be a sign that things are improving.
  • profisher
    Don't waste $ there. Been there many times in past 6 mths, catches are poor.