Good catch or bad catch a lot depends on luck, moon phase and so on. Afterall, people pay almost $400 per pax to go on your boat, is to buy a fishing experience. If i really just wanted fish, $400 can buy a lot at the market.
1) Arrive late. Not 10 min late but 40 min late. Ok fine, sometimes things happen, i can understand. But if captain is good, already factor in contingency.
2) Leave early. This one cannot forgive. It's as good as cheating.
3) Asked captain why leave so early? Reply is oh we will need 8 hours to get back. Knn Horsburg Lighthouse is just behind me. Swim ah? Btw we were supposed to reach SG at 5pm. That's 3 hours less fishing. Don't say 3 hours, even leave work 30 mins early is valid grounds for firing.
4) Spots not producing, captain lazy to change spot. Only knows how to come down take kopi to drink and workout with dumbbell. Sibei muscle. Maybe wanna change job do MMA wor
5) Go unjam, park boat directly above it. Win already lor everybody lines down straightaway sangkot. I read somewhere this captain followed the boat owner many years ago, got a lot of experience. Maybe he tired of working liao wanna change job to professional coffee drinker with the bintan officials.
My first trip on this boat and likely last trip. People who know me from many years ago know I'm super crazy passionate about fishing. I'm just sad for the uncle owner that he will lose me as a customer because he hired a lousy captain.
Thanks for reading my review. Cheers.