Eastackle-WORST SHOP IN SG!!!

limpkm
Eastackle - NEVER EVER GO THERE AGAIN!

Took leave today to buy some rubber to support the small shop.

Waited under the hot sun call and call no one bother to answer the phone. As I forgot the unit number to press on intercom. Sweating at lift lobby. Finally answered the phone and I got to the shop.

Simply told them pls answer your phone as not everyone can remember your unit number.

The respond I got was GANGSTER!!!
"You should know our number! Should check our website! Who say we never answer phone blah blah blah..."

Told them I took leave and come all the way, but the boss insist my attitude was bad and confronted me like want to fight. EVEN STOOD UP AND CHALLENGED ME! Told me I am just a SMALL customer not important to him.

Wow! Eastackle is the worst tackle shop I have ever experienced in my 30 years of fishing in SG!

Super arrogant and egoistic boss!!!

I WILL NEVER EVER STEP FOOT INSIDE AGAIN!

GO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
  • nuvole
    They have been operating as a web shop since donkey years ago, and have themselves personally(not courier service) bringing our toys.
    right to the door. While their stuff are not cheap, we must understand they are not selling the communist goods, and we choose to buy from them because of the quality and not the best buck you'll get out of a fake.

I question why would you not have purchase their goods online instead of walking into their store? Are you expecting discount?

Sorry mate, I have to take your post with a bit of salt without hearing from the other side. 
  • GROUPER
    Their stuffs is not really all ex,some rubbers consider price q competitive and ok and i do walk in to buy instead of online purchasing,diff plls diff style of buying thing,some prefer on spot to choose some online choose.
  • Melvin Lee
    I believe they focus more on online selling and uses their shop for display purposes. They do welcome shop visit to known customers however their shop feels more like their home instead. I guess you went at the wrong time buddy. There are 2 more shops which are almost as competitive in pricing in that area. 1 at the beginning of geylang road and the other near the end. These 2 welcome walk in anytime of the day they operates.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    edited October 5
    Sometimes we catch people on bad days. Humans are inherently an unstable species; look at me. Looks like both sides were having a bad day. Hugs for both parties, it is good to back and forth, ultimately we all should just be friends. The fishing community is already a rather tough environment to be in, we should all practice forgiveness and understanding.

<3
  • qoonutz

Not everyone is "glued" to their phones. Perhaps they are shorthanded and helping other customers or busy with something else?

You sweat at the lift is the reason why you "flare" up in front of the owner. Could you have tried to google/search for their unit number instead of calling?

Sometimes, I wish Sinkie customers can also help themselves a little more rather than "wait to be spoonfed". This is just my personal view after working in the frontline for several years. Your attitude probably triggered the response from the owner. Then, pls reflect on yourself first.

• Melvin Lee
    edited October 5
    qoonutz said:

Not everyone is "glued" to their phones. Perhaps they are shorthanded and helping other customers or busy with something else?

You sweat at the lift is the reason why you "flare" up in front of the owner. Could you have tried to google/search for their unit number instead of calling?

Sometimes, I wish Sinkie customers can also help themselves a little more rather than "wait to be spoonfed". This is just my personal view after working in the frontline for several years. Your attitude probably triggered the response from the owner. Then, pls reflect on yourself first.

​He has all the rights he needs as he is a potential customer. There's no need for further reflection. I bet you have not been to their home/shop. Try once and feedback. I do understand every bit of his frustration and i too was in a fairly similar situation once when trying to pick up things ordered. His way of venting his anger is very straight and direct which is what most does.

Like Luke mentioned lets all try to make the committee a lot more friendly.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    qoonutz said:

​He has all the rights he needs as he is a potential customer. There's no need for further reflection. I bet you have not been to their home/shop. Try once and feedback. I do understand every bit of his frustration and i too was in a fairly similar situation once when trying to pick up things ordered. His way of venting his anger is very straight and direct which is what most does.

Like Luke mentioned lets all try to make the committee a lot more friendly.
    ​<3
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Due to this being a business I have to close to thread as it can effect their livelihood, it's good to share and rant, but I have to close this one. As mentioned we all have bad days and misunderstanding.
This discussion has been closed.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016