Travelling with rod tubes

crabbies
Hi, does any frequent travelling kakis have any problem of getting a taxi back from our Changi airport? Im referring to those from the taxi stands.. I recently got turned down by all the regular saloon taxis for abt 15mins including the Prius type until I managed to get the big Alphard (7seater) type who gladly took me home. Im using a Nature boys rod tube btw, any comments or advices from any kakis who faced the same problem as me?

Rgds
  • jonachin
    is depend on your rod tube length n the driver....i used to travelling with rod tube.....no issue
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Put the front seat down and put it lengthways Just walk up and ask them to put the front seat down. Easy.
  • crabbies
    jonachin said:
    is depend on your rod tube length n the driver....i used to travelling with rod tube.....no issue
    ​Rod tube was probably ard 7' max (inside all stuffed with 6'3" rods.. seems like those cab drivers are just too reluctant to pick up my trip home, had the most frustrating 15mins of my life.
  • crabbies
    Put the front seat down and put it lengthways Just walk up and ask them to put the front seat down. Easy.
    ​I drive too and that's how I put the rod tube in my car, I told them exactly the same thing but they just shrud me off saying "Sorry, cannot fit"
  • monstrad

i never had issue with taxis

u just got to do it and dont expect them to know how to slot in

i just open the front passanger seat, slot in the tube towards the rear seat

tube base will be on the floor , top will be pointing towards right rear window

can fit 7foot tube easily on all taxi models