Fisherman Miss Fortune

Stewart
edited September 9 in General Fishing
Hey Kaki's

Calling in assistance from anyone who can assist.

Hello, my name is Stewart and I love to fish. I have been fishing since my father taught me as a child, I get out when I have a chance and the weather permits, its my leisure, my exercise and my relaxation.
Recently, after months of saving I was able to buy myself a brand new Egi rod made in Japan, a $700 investment. I was elated and thrilled, this was by far the most I have ever invested in my sport by a long way and was top of the line equipment, my dream rod!
Then the accident.
On my second use of the rod I was traversing a rocky shore and large rock suddenly gave way and I fell...
I came crashing down on my face and landed on top of my brand new rod. Luckily I suffered only minor bruising and some small cuts but the rod and reel where broken. I was shattered... I had only used the rod for a total of 5 hours and to make it worse had never caught anything on it!
I will recover in time and my injuries are healing but this whole incident has ruined my fishing.
I rarely have asked for anything or expected much in my life, I have dealt with the bad as it comes but today I ask for help. Please help me. Help recover the dream that I lost and get me back out doors fishing.
Thank you for reading.

Please follow the link if you wish to help -  gofundme.com/fisherman-miss-fortune 
Or please share my story.

• earthborne
    I hoped u are well after your fall. U can still enjoy outdoors and fishing without a $700 rod...u know? Just think of the enjoyable fishing u had before the $700 rod, it surely meant something.
  • Stewart
    Thank you Earthborn. My knees have healed well and my face is better too, bruising has cleared up. 
    Yes its only money and just a thing. I have had many rods before on a budget price and I have had broken rods aswell. 
    How to describe the hurt I felt of losing this specific rod is difficult. The amount of saving and sacrifice to get to a point to get a rod of pure craftsmanship and finesse to be so shortly lived. I guess it was that achievement of obtaining it in the first place and having it so cruelly taken away has been demoralising. Perhaps if I even caught something on it I would have felt differently.
  • Michael Lim
    So what were you fishing for?  Do show your setup in total, the reel and the lure you were using.  I was at the Swan too, so which area were you fishing at?
  • Stewart
    Hey Michael, I was fishing for squid. Its an egi set up.
    The reel is repairabl, bent the handle. 

• SportAngler
    For now just use a budget setup and have fun. I had been using a UL aji rod for all my light SW game.
  • Stewart
    Hey SportAngler

Yeah, I have gone back to my old budget set up. Awaiting replacement part for the reel. 

Probably be back out fishing soon. Its been helpful just talking about everything. Thanks for your comments  
  • SportAngler
    Stewart said:
    Hey SportAngler

Yeah, I have gone back to my old budget set up. Awaiting replacement part for the reel. 

Probably be back out fishing soon. Its been helpful just talking about everything. Thanks for your comments  
    ​Great. Fishing is all about fun.
  • MrKimKor
    Stewart said:
    Thank you Earthborn. My knees have healed well and my face is better too, bruising has cleared up. 
    Yes its only money and just a thing. I have had many rods before on a budget price and I have had broken rods aswell. 
    How to describe the hurt I felt of losing this specific rod is difficult. The amount of saving and sacrifice to get to a point to get a rod of pure craftsmanship and finesse to be so shortly lived. I guess it was that achievement of obtaining it in the first place and having it so cruelly taken away has been demoralising. Perhaps if I even caught something on it I would have felt differently.

so in a nutshell you want people to donate money to you to buy a new rod?????
  • Stewart
    edited September 18
    Yes. I am asking for help to do just that. 
  • Stewart
    Parts have arrived for my reel. Now I can get back out side and fishing again with my old rod. 

TRIPS
© Copyright 2016