Visiting Singapore...where to fish?

Tucky
Hi, I will be visiting singapore for a few months starting in September.  I will be staying on the north end at Sembawang.  Where are some places I can fish?  Either close to Sembawang or anywhere else?  What type species are there to fish for and what kind of gear/ tackle do I need?  I'm used to fishing for snappers and grouper in Florida with live or cut bait, what type lures or bait would I use here?  Thank you.
  • Tucky
    I did some research and found the legal areas to fish.  The sembawang jetty is close so I will probably try some there and the reservoirs.  Can anyone tell me if any reservoirs near sembawang hold peacock bass?  I would like to catch and release.  Do peacock bass normally strike top water lures or crankbait lures or what?  
  • Tucky
    Thanks Limpeh.  If one has a kayak, is it legal to launch out and fish anywhere in the reservoirs? Or is it only allowed to fish designated areas on the edge?
  • Michael Lim
    Tucky said:
    Thanks Limpeh.  If one has a kayak, is it legal to launch out and fish anywhere in the reservoirs? Or is it only allowed to fish designated areas on the edge?
    ​Sadly, we can't fish on yaks in the reservoirs.
  • SportAngler
    Best option is go for an offshore trip to southern island area
  • botakchong
    If you have time & cash to spend.
    Day trip, DESARU
    You might like to try 2D1N Batam.
    Or 3D2N Tg Pinang, Rompin.

There is many options, however Monsoon season between Dec-Mar, which you'll encounter rough sea with strong wind.

Good luck, good catch
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016