Shore Micro Jigging - Looking For Rod Help

Hoodlums
edited July 5 in Jigging & Popping
Hi, currently just started shore jigging but don’t have a proper rod. The rod I am using at the moment is really stiff with no parabolic bend and fast action tip. Is this any good for jigging? I am also using PE2. I find that around 15g-30g jigs is good for where I am fishing. Just wondering if I can use this kind of rod for jigging or a new would be better?

Now if I am to buy a new rod, I have been looking around at the MajorCraft Giant Killing series but it says the lure weight is 60g-100g if I remember correctly. Can I still use this rod if my jig weigh less than 60g? The jig I’m using all weigh around 15g-40g. Will I still be able to use this rod or I will have to look for a rod within range?
  • VinceVCZ
    giant killing very stiff i feel.there r few shore jigging rod,im using majorcraft crosstage shore jigging,not bad.
    the last time i play i think more then half yr ago ady
  • Hoodlums
    VinceVCZ said:
    giant killing very stiff i feel.there r few shore jigging rod,im using majorcraft crosstage shore jigging,not bad.
    the last time i play i think more then half yr ago ady
    ​I had a look at the Major Craft Crostage X Light Jigging. It all recommend PE0-PE1.5. I am using PE2-3. This mean I cannot use this rod?

Also when finding the right weight rating. Let’s say I am using jigs that weigh 10g-80g does this mean I have to find the same? Or I can use a rod that is for example 40-100g? Or I must find the exact weight rating to the weight jig I am using? So confused with rods someone please help.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Shore Jigging starts at 8.6 ft.
  • Hoodlums
    Shore Jigging starts at 8.6 ft.
    ​Yes but I don’t like big rods. You can still use 6 foot to 7.5 foot rods for land based jigging can you?

Please anyone can help me with my questions.
  • Devilzken
    edited July 6
    Only you cannot hit the distance u required, short rod shorter casting distance and sg shores nutin much near to the shore. Another reason is some time u on the break water longer rods allow you to lift up your jigs then it's closer to the breakwater instead of dragging it up the rocks and kena snagkot. There are slim rods with pe 1 to 2 tats is not so heavy. It's all up to personal preference on how long u wan the rod, no one will come and summon u if u using a 5 footer also   :D
  • freshjapanfishing
    Hi there, Majorcraft Solpara is the best in my opinion for light shore jigging. The soft tip and medium-bodied base makes it easy for jigging of all speeds. But do be careful not to overload above the max jig weight as it is light for a reason. I’ve caught a spanish mackerel on it from the shore and it was fine. Max jig weight is 30/40g depending on the model. Max PE is 2.
  • freshjapanfishing
    Hi there, Majorcraft Solpara is the best in my opinion for light shore jigging. The soft tip and medium-bodied base makes it easy for jigging of all speeds. But do be careful not to overload above the max jig weight as it is light for a reason. I’ve caught a spanish mackerel on it from the shore and it was fine. Max jig weight is 30/40g depending on the model. Max PE is 2.
    ​Just to add, action of that rod can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/-AlfgSLlVV4
    And
    https://youtu.be/NE2VpM5MyPQ
© Copyright 2016