If you are going to Australia and will be in a remote area, it is a good idea to rent an emergency devices such as a Satellite Phone (SP), Personal Location Beacon (PLB) or Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)More Details: Website
- Hire an EPIRB or PLB
- Iridium Go - The Iridium Go! is a satellite WiFi hotspot which creates an online smartphone accesspoint.With the Iridium Go! you can connect your smartphone to your satellite feed via WiFi
- Hire the Inmarsat Isatphone Pro and Isatphone2
- Hire an Iridium 9555 Satellite Phone
- Hire the Thuraya SatSleeve Hotspot and Satsleeve+
- Hire the Thuraya XT Lite
- Hire a Handheld UHF (CB) Radio
EPIRB or PLB
Inmarsat Isatphone Pro and Isatphone2
- Minimum hire (7 days) $88 incl. GST and delivery and return postage.
- 10 days - $98, 2 weeks - $110, 3 weeks - $130, for one month or more please call.
- Reduced price for multiple hire and repeat business. Special rates for yacht racing.
- Hire an IridiumGo satellite WiFi hotspot from $175 for 1 week, $230 for 10 days, $305 for 2 weeks.
- Includes $10 in free calls
- Outgoing calls costs are 40 cent flagfall then $1.20 per minute for calls within Australia.
- Incoming calls are no charge to you
- The caller pays the same as calling a normal mobile phone.
- You can SMS any mobile or send to an email address for 50c.
- This is all done using your own phone, using your contacts list, SMS via your keypad.
- Note: you are not using your SIM or call plan.
- Outgoing calls just $1.30 per minute to any mobile or landline on the planet.
- SMS for 50 cents
- The cost to hire the IsatPhone Pro and now the IsatPhone2 is $140 for 1 week, $185 for 10 days, $230 2 weeks.
- Incoming calls are no charge to you.
- You can SMS any mobile or send to an email address for 50 cents
- You can send your GPS location to any PC or mobile for just 50 cents
- The phone has it's own email (SMS) address, for incoming contact
Check out the Website
for more details.