Need help spooling conventional/overhead reels

Tekkai
Hi guys, Im always facing this problem when spooling conventional/overhead reels. The line isn't tight enough and it cuts into the spool. Any idea how to spool properly? I've tried wetting the line before spooling it and adding tension but it doesn't seem to work. Or maybe the spooler Im using is not good enough? Im using this btw. 

• ming83
    What i do is i go to an open field. Then tie 1 end of yr line to a fixed object. Then walk back 200+ meters. Then using a heavy rod crank with yr reel with the line under heavy pressure. Works well for me and good workout too :)
  • Devilzken
    Best is to use those pro spooler or go shop to spool when u buy lines
  • Tekkai
    Devilzken said:
    Best is to use those pro spooler or go shop to spool when u buy lines
    ​Yea but when i unspool it and wash my reels, cant possibly always bring back to the shop and ask them to spool for me right?
  • botakchong
    Bro
    I use carabina to spool my lines.
    Send a whatapps to my mobile num 97280221 and will send a short video.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    You need to set the tension very high. I don't use any of these "gadgets" because they simply have never been able to work well unless it's a BC. Look for Garfeeel and his line spooling machine. It's fantastic. 
  • fishcrazyboy
    Need to be tight but not too tight. will damage your line.
  • monstrad

I assume u r using thin 8strand braided line?

for bc casting, its better to use rough 4strand braid like prowerpro to have less issues with line digging in which will cause beehoon

US bass pros typically use minimum 40lb powerpro for the thicker rougher diameter to have almost zero dig in issue

personally, I have lots of dig in/beehoon with pe1 8strand smooth braid, that's y I switch to 10lb powerpro n now have minimal issue with beehoon

for overhead vertical jigging, u can use 8strand braid, u will have dig in but it does not matter as much becoz u r not casting it, wont beehoon

to conclude, use 8strand for lure spinning setup, use 4strand for lure bc setup

• extractor
    Very easy bro...

Spool line onto another old overhead reel den adjust as much drag as you need and crank line over your new reel.

That line spooler can oni do small reels, big ones it wun hv enuff drag resistence.

Be creative, use zip tie around the house to secure the old reel. 
  • Devilzken
    extractor said:
    Very easy bro...

Spool line onto another old overhead reel den adjust as much drag as you need and crank line over your new reel.

That line spooler can oni do small reels, big ones it wun hv enuff drag resistence.

Be creative, use zip tie around the house to secure the old reel. 
    ​Wow it's a nice idea nv tink of it