Spinning reel for bottom fishing

bobba
  Hi guys,planning to get a new spinning set up for bottom fishing,local/malaysia waters. 2 reels in my mind now..stella sw 2013 or twinpower sw 2015,both 6000PG...any suggestion?
  • The Drifters
    if you ask me,
    i prefer baitcast reel because baitcast reel is stronger when reeling in with heavy singkers and deep waters. 
    i prefer spinning reel only when water is less than 50m., good to enjoy,...haha

• Luke Maow Bear
    Yeah bro, go overhead for bottom fishing, spinning was the most terrible experience for me when bottom. Even 10,000 PG
  • bobba
    Oh oh....i do no know y i not comfortable with overhead..try so hard but still hate it.but not like 50m deep onwards.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Last question, left or right handed for over head?

As long as you use a PG you'll be fine bro. 

• Michael Lim
    bobba said:
    Oh oh....i do no know y i not comfortable with overhead..try so hard but still hate it.but not like 50m deep onwards.
    ​Well, once you tried it out side by side, you'll understand why we say a overhead is much better.

The cranking power of a spinning reel loses out and worse still, when you are loaded with heavy lead...  you'll definitely curse and swear when you need to bring it up to check if the bait is still there.  Multiply it by 30 times for the whole trip and you'll know why some of us just give up on spinning reels and switch to a BC instead.

• bobba
    Last question, left or right handed for over head?

As long as you use a PG you'll be fine bro. 

​right handed,Luke...
  • pronnie
    depend in ur budget. 1 cost 500 and other 1k 
    both to me not much of the diff both reel are smooth 
  • bobba
    pronnie said:
    depend in ur budget. 1 cost 500 and other 1k 
    both to me not much of the diff both reel are smooth 
    ​twinpower will be good for my need..let see how...hehehe..
  • jsdevils6611
    Used 2013 SHIMANO STELLA SW4000XG
    Used less than 1 year 
    Bottom a bit scratches .
    FULL BOX .
    Selling at 700 .
    Pm me or 96436606 to deal. 
    Worth for your fishing trip day or night .

• bobba
    Last month just bought stella 6000pg..thanks for sharing.