Slow Jig Help Needed! [Newbie Alert]

nankai
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the fishing scene. Tried fishing with live prawns a couple of times at offshore Changi. Overall experience was good but it's a tad too boring for me. 

Decided to look into jigging and found out Slow-Jigging is the current in trend technique. Can anyone advise a good beginner setup of Rod+Reel and also what type of jig lures to use? Preferably where to get them as well.

Fishing trips are mostly at Changi and occasionally West Coast. Budget wise should be around $300 for the entire setup. Found alot of big names while researching and all of them busts my budget.

Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
  • icycoolz
    Hi bro. I have tackles on sale. Please view my online shop at http://classifieds.fishingkaki.com/seller/icycoolz
  • Sllooowwwwfall
    S$300 should be hard to purchase the whole entire setup. but if you mostly fish in Changi, I will recommend you to go into tenya instead as it will be more promising for the end result.
  • nankai
    S$300 should be hard to purchase the whole entire setup. but if you mostly fish in Changi, I will recommend you to go into tenya instead as it will be more promising for the end result.
    ​bro, how much will the most basic beginner setup cost?
  • xiaozhong83
    Basic beginner setup will not cost more then 550 ba.... if u buy the whole setup 2nd hand one... 1st u need to get year 2015 daiwa ryoga 2025PE-SH right hand or left hand blue color one... this reel 2nd hand cost most is 450 if the condition is very good... if the condition is not very good maybe 350 or 400 only... then get storm gomoku adajo rod see what type of PE u need... for me is using pe3 all Singapore fish with no problem no matter how big is it... then this rod cost about max $120 to 130 max also must see the condition also.... this set up u confirm will go crazy one... hahaha... I Don bluff u... haha...