Antares DC 2016 vs Metanium MGL 2016

perfectunicorn
in Reels
Tagged:

if price isn't a factor,

can I know which reel perform better ? Consider, Smoothness, Casting power, Durability, Versatile, Design.

Freshwater purposes only.

Thank you in advance and lots of love.

Tagged:
  • Luke Maow Bear
    I'd go for the Metanium, you will eventually drop the DC factor, if this is your first DC, you'd want to play with it as it's the flagship model for Shimano in 2016 by the looks of it. I know a lot of anglers that ended up selling their DC's; including me bro.

I will still go with the Metanium.

However I put some videos for you together :) One in Japanese so you have no idea what they are saying and so it's PRO!

Metanium MGL 2016

Antares DC 2016

• perfectunicorn
    edited August 2016
    Cool! I know that many people dropped the antares DC for the metanium. However i want to know why would you drop an antares ? Is the antares bad compared to the metanium ? Do the digital control breaks down easily ?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Cool! I know that many people dropped the antares DC for the metanium. However i want to know why would you drop an antares ? Is the antares bad compared to the metanium ? Do the digital control breaks down easily ?
    1/ I could not cast the distance I wanted compared to my peers
    2/ My accuracy was somewhat unrealistic as the DC kicked in
    3/ They removed the WEEEEEEEEE sound of the past (lol)

It all came down to the distance I was able to achieve.
  • perfectunicorn
    Thats the answer i was looking for! Thank you for your help! 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Thats the answer i was looking for! Thank you for your help! 

You are most welcome bro. 
  • Rainbowfish
    If you are a beginner in bc reel, the DC function will certainly lower your frustration of luring .
  • perfectunicorn
    I actually had some experience in fishing and since the DC is a bonus feature, why not. ;) 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    If you are a beginner in bc reel, the DC function will certainly lower your frustration of luring .
    Yes, this is one thing I left out, thanks @Rainbowfish for pointing this out.

@perfectunicorn But since you know how to work a normal BC, you have the luxury of choosing which one you want to play with.
  • Rainbowfish
    I actually had some experience in fishing and since the DC is a bonus feature, why not. ;) 
    Experience in using BC reel before for casting ? Experience in fishing does not translate to experience to using bc setup:)
  • monstrad
    Shimano pro tester/designer jim hajime murata is able to cast 21g sinker 100m with world shaula 7ft rod and antares dc reel. Can google youtube, have alot casting videos by him. He cast cowboy style for max distance