Rod+Reel for local waters.

misterKZ
edited August 2015 in Jigging & Popping
Dear all. Could somebody help me to make decision regarding my new set rod+reel. I just started to fishing in Singapore waters (by boat). Now I understand that my tackle is not good for offshore fishing. Today I saw some reel and rods. For example: Eupro rod Hammer 2 Jig is it good for beginner? What about reel, should I buy multiplier or not. PE3 is it ok for local waters or I should buy lighter? Please could you recommend not too expansive set for me? Thank you
  • Devilzken
    Bro local water depending wat kind of area and fishes u r targeting. There's no fix tackle for local.

Example if changi water targeting kim and snapper, 3k reel wif rod pe1-2 enuff.

Southern water targeting grouper u need a heavier set up 4k reel wif 2-4 pe rod.

Southern playing sagai another setup 1k-3k reel plus 0.4 -1 pe rod.

Recommended spinning setup as multiplier u need a certain skill and experience to use it.

Recommended reel imo
    new stradic fk 2015
    Stradic ci4+
    Twinpower 2015
    Ultegra
    Rarenium ci4+

Rod
    salty fighter
    Storm micro jigger
    Majorcraft giant killing
    Storm gomoku
    Senses G2 blue heaven
    Zen zagan

U have to go feel the rod and see for yourself.

Can search for youtube local water fishing videos and see wat kind of setup they using.

Daiwa reel I not familiar lol.

Jus my 0.2 cents. Tight lines bro.
  • misterKZ
    Thank you devilzken. Now I understand. I have another question, how to setup Madai? Any leader with swivel? Thanks
  • Devilzken
    Madai jus like using weight to bounce one the sea floor.

Setup will b main line fg knot leader swivel snap Madai.

Knocking on the floor will kena grouper , parrot snapper. Make sure leader thicker a bit and drag set high to prevent the fish from goin into the hole.

Of cos there are chances of sangkot. Rule of thumb when u feel it reach the sea floor then crank 1-3 turn up then began bouncing. Adjust accordingly to the terrain. Nv leave in on the rod holder to bounce unless boat is anchored.

Popular is to rig a prawn onto 1 hook, will het better hook up.

Madai usually 100 to 150 gm so rod mus b a pe 3 and reel at least a 4k if not u will have a hard time lifting the madai.

Tight lines bro. Welcome to the dark side haha.
  • misterKZ
    Devilzken" said:
    Madai jus like using weight to bounce one the sea floor.

Setup will b main line fg knot leader swivel snap Madai.

Knocking on the floor will kena grouper , parrot snapper. Make sure leader thicker a bit and drag set high to prevent the fish from goin into the hole.

Of cos there are chances of sangkot. Rule of thumb when u feel it reach the sea floor then crank 1-3 turn up then began bouncing. Adjust accordingly to the terrain. Nv leave in on the rod holder to bounce unless boat is anchored.

Popular is to rig a prawn onto 1 hook, will het better hook up.

Madai usually 100 to 150 gm so rod mus b a pe 3 and reel at least a 4k if not u will have a hard time lifting the madai.

Tight lines bro. Welcome to the dark side haha.

Thank you again Bro. Very HelpFull. This Sunday we are going to check my new tackle and madai =))