RE: Kuching Tackle

Fssh
edited October 2015 in Jigging & Popping
Hi all kakis,

I would like to know what reel size, rod PE, jig weight, line/leader poundage to use for Kuching? Kakis who have tried jigging there before, please advise! All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Don
  • sharkbait
    Fssh" said:
    Hi all kakis,

I would like to know what reel size, rod PE, jig weight, line/leader poundage to use for Kuching? Kakis who have tried jigging there before, please advise! All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Don
    PE1-3/1.5-4 rod
    Shimano 4K
    Min 20lb
    60lb FC Leader (Wire prefered)
    Jig weight 80g-100g Chrome, sliver or UV
    DECOY WIRE HOOK IS A MUST

You can try Pintails and Jackall anchovy missile
  • eyowfk
    My advise is to bring at least 2 rod... 1x (Light Jigging/Slow Fall/Slow Pitch/Casting) 1x (PE4/PE4-6/PE5). I always go with PE4-6 match with Saltiga 4500, like what we use for bottom fishing. No because of the fish or Tenggiri super bing but to not want to over stress the reel... Most of the time, anyone who hit a Tenggiri, the rest must reel up (Fast) to avoid tangling the line with the person who hit.
    Average 60 pieces of Tenggiri, you have to reel up 60x with sinker size 8-10
    When it comes to Pong Pong/Porm Porm during the day, go with heavier sinker...10-14

Leader go for 80lb for the day and 100lb for the night (mainly lasting as you will need it over 3 nights.

I love to use barracuda as bait... it attracts big Tengi.. My last trip in Aug/Sep had my PE4 line bust out for x10sec snapped on 2 different night. No chance to fight