Let's discuss on Soft Plastic lure!

Ğene
edited January 2016 in Luring & Artificial
As we have all know how effective a soft plastic lure can be, the range of variety it offers for different types of terrain, one can never ignore such great stuff however its durability isn't that great,

So what is your favourite type of soft plastic lure that are durable ' tough to break ' and are attracting to kinds of fishes.!
  • Vercisto
    For me i like Zman Minnowz Paddletails on a TT jighead. Bam!! Sangkut a KBL!!
  • suitbbs
    i use alot of us soft baits like zoom. very effective
  • Devilzken
    I like using forked tail for fw. Got pb toman and hockie on it. Worked for me
  • perfectionista
    Hi im new to using ruber n also luring.. will have a few questions regarding this topis.

recommended & range of;
    - rods for soft plastic/rubber?
    - reels?
    - line? Line poundage?
    - rubber/soft plastic brands?
    - best scent/flavour for soft plastic?

• Michael Lim
    Ğene said:
    As we have all know how effective a soft plastic lure can be, the range of variety it offers for different types of terrain, one can never ignore such great stuff however its durability isn't that great,

So what is your favourite type of soft plastic lure that are durable ' tough to break ' and are attracting to kinds of fishes.!
    ​So far, Ganko and Z man have been quite tough.

But action and attractiveness wise, may not win some of the other brands.  So it's often a toss-up and I do have a few on hand to choose from.
  • Michael Lim
    Hi im new to using ruber n also luring.. will have a few questions regarding this topis.

recommended & range of;
    - reels?
    - line? Line poundage?

​Rods will depend on your choice of jig head weight mainly.

I will use Mebaru class rods for anything lighter than 7gm jigheads.
    In between this and higher I choose a lighter rod for light shore luring up to abt 12gms.
    Anything higher up to about 1oz or 28gms would be better done on standard medium bass gear.

Reels will match the line weight and rod.

My setups

Daiwa
    月下美人 MX mebaru rod + Daiwa Steez type II (line is Varivas Aji Master PE 0.4)
    Smith Bayliner MK rod + Daiwa Exist 2500XH (line is Varivas Shorecaster PE 1.0)
    Tailwalk Outback + Daiwa Steez A (line is Tuffline 10lb)

Rubber brands ranges from Cultiva, Z-man, OSP, Berkley, Storm, Breaden, etc...

Scent is subjective.  I've tried multiple types, they do draw in the fishes if they are in the area.  But if the area doesn't have any in the first place, no matter how effective the scent it, it won't help much.

Smelly Jelly
    Halco catch scent
    Pro-cure,
    etc...
  • monstrad

recommended & range of;
    - reels?
    - line? Line poundage?

​6feet6 or 7 feet rod, 8-16lb, fast action

shimano size 2500/c3000 reel

pe1 x8 braid, 20lb flouro leader abt 1m

zman is very durable, slimswims 2.5in, 3in, minnow 3in,

jighead 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 oz hook size 1/0, 2/0. too long/big a hook will result in less tail action

scented bait i prefer waterbased like berkley gulp

dont bother with oil base scentent/lure, coz oil is a barrier to scent dispersal, pointless

• The Drifters
    my Fave is the Storm Wildeye Swim Shad. Caught a few 15kgs Barras at Catch and Release Pond.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    my Fave is the Storm Wildeye Swim Shad. Caught a few 15kgs Barras at Catch and Release Pond.
    ​This bloody lure is the best in the world la. Just the hook is crap. But that' easy by just bringing the drag down. Squidgies is also great!
© Copyright 2016