EP 82/38 or EP 85/36

nelsonlimjinwei
edited May 2015 in Jigging & Popping
Dear Bros,

I am considering one of the rods. Any comments on which I should get? I am looking at the PE8.

Some considerations that I am looking at is the casting distance and lure weight.
  • ckjh
    nelsonlimjinwei" said:
    Dear Bros,

I am considering one of the rods. Any comments on which I should get? I am looking at the PE8.

Some considerations that I am looking at is the casting distance and lure weight.
    A 8ft rod Is able to get you the required distance for most fishing. However, you have to know, the advantages and disadvantages of a slightly longer rod which is the 85 as compared to the 82.
    For casting distance, you are sure to be able to hit a stickbait further with a longer rod. But when it comes to fighting fish, it will be a little harder.
    I will go with the shorter rod. in my opinion a versatile range will be 7'9-8'2.
    As im using a kll ep 82/42. With gammas 120 - 200g, I find that I am able to hit a pretty decent distance.

The Eps are known for being very forgiving. Since you are selecting between the same series. It's not That hard to choose.
    With a shorter rod, to cast further, change to a slightly heavier lure, change to a lighter line, use shorter shock leader, minimise the length of your fg knot And load your cast.

Cliff
  • nelsonlimjinwei
    Bro Cliff,

again thanks for all the tips. I think i own you a few cups of coffee for all the knowledge that you have passed on to me!
  • ckjh
    nelsonlimjinwei" said:
    Bro Cliff,

again thanks for all the tips. I think i own you a few cups of coffee for all the knowledge that you have passed on to me!
    My pleasure to be able to share what I know with kakis here. I am a great fan of carpenter too. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. Will be happy to answer them.