SHIMANO TWINPOWER SW 2015 - Reviews?

PLANEUNG
edited July 2015 in General Fishing
Hi kakis

has anybody gotten their hands on the new TP SW reels yet? Would be interesting to see any reviews of the new version of this reel. Any idea which shops have this available at the moment? eagerly awaiting any info :)
  • Angry fish
    Me 2 , up for you ...
  • PLANEUNG
    anyone? :)
  • Luke Maow Bear
    It's X Ship, and is like the older Stella's with more Torque, for the first time I am going down from a Stella to a Twin Power - it's beautiful.

SHIMANO 2015 NEW TWIN POWER SW - YouTube
  • PLANEUNG
    Drooling .... any idea where they are selling?
  • zhuhaibaker
    Think most tackle shops have them.
  • EdHCNg
    I managed to feel and spin one yesterday at a tackle shop. I must say that it's amazingly smooth as expected of a Shimano reel. In fact it feels more smooth & tight than the previous TwinPower, perhaps due to the tighter fitting gears being used in this version.

Unfortunately, as I am looking at a 4000 Shimano SW PG size reel, this 2015 Twinpower comes in PG from 6000 size onwards.

If you are into popping, you would be happy to know that it comes in 14000 size this time.

The drag clicker sounded like the current model Stella and I attribute it to the same spool material for this.

On specs, it's has more waterproofing features that the previous version.

It's definitely a top choice if there is a size that you are looking for and am sure it performs just like it's previous Twinpower, if not better, which has been a workhorse for many anglers.
  • PLANEUNG
    hey Ed

many thanks for your opinions on the reel. yes I am also looking for the 4000 size. guess have to wait for it! :)
  • zhuhaibaker
    PLANEUNG" said:
    hey Ed

many thanks for your opinions on the reel. yes I am also looking for the 4000 size. guess have to wait for it! :)
    If I am not wrong, Shimano Dont produce 2015 Twin Power SW 4000 PG , only 4000XG . For PG only starts at 6000. You can consider 2015 Twin Power 4000 PG (without the SW which can also be use for saltwater fishing and it is lighter ).
  • PLANEUNG
    thanks again Ed :)
  • Luke Maow Bear
    EdHCNg" said:
    I managed to feel and spin one yesterday at a tackle shop. I must say that it's amazingly smooth as expected of a Shimano reel. In fact it feels more smooth & tight than the previous TwinPower, perhaps due to the tighter fitting gears being used in this version.

Unfortunately, as I am looking at a 4000 Shimano SW PG size reel, this 2015 Twinpower comes in PG from 6000 size onwards.

If you are into popping, you would be happy to know that it comes in 14000 size this time.

The drag clicker sounded like the current model Stella and I attribute it to the same spool material for this.

On specs, it's has more waterproofing features that the previous version.

It's definitely a top choice if there is a size that you are looking for and am sure it performs just like it's previous Twinpower, if not better, which has been a workhorse for many anglers.
    Thanks Ed, a perfect reply, I do feel it is like a Stella and more power.
  • Angry fish
    edited May 2015
    Hi guys , I am thinking of buying the 4000xg , but later discovered that it does not have the Rigid Support Drag below the spool , even the new stella fw also don't have it now , is it not necessary for light reel that's why Shimano skip away this ?
  • Angry fish
    Any bro can answer my doubt ?
  • sammy
    How much for the SW6000?
  • ChongTheMan
    Hi guys any review on the new TP c3000 2015? As mention on the precious post it dun have the riged drag system that the 2011 have. Any diff? As now am thinking to get the '15 version or the 2011 version.
    Your honest reply is appreciate :)
  • avet4life
    ChongTheMan" said:
    Hi guys any review on the new TP c3000 2015? As mention on the precious post it dun have the riged drag system that the 2011 have. Any diff? As now am thinking to get the '15 version or the 2011 version.
    Your honest reply is appreciate :)
    Group, I am new to Kaki, but love reading all the forum.

here is my Twinpower 4000XG ,,, a look inside:

2015 Shimano Twinpower 4000xg - look inside - Reel Maintenance and Repair - SurfTalk
  • RiiseHawk
    hi ,i intend to have twinpower but no idea which is suitable thought of having sw6000pg/sw5000pg .Most of the time i play bottom fishing at tanjong pinang,I had no idea which is the proper one for stlye of fishing.No idea what is HG,PG,XG for hehehe...can anyone help me i can’t make up my mind no experience wif this,thanks
  • Devilzken
    For bottom use a PG version for better torque. 5k is smaller line cap in a 6k body. So logical getting a 6k will be a sound decision
  • RiiseHawk
    Devilzken said:
    For bottom use a PG version for better torque. 5k is smaller line cap in a 6k body. So logical getting a 6k will be a sound decision

• RiiseHawk
    hi,thanks for your advise :)