Advice on slow pitch light jigging rod

Afbiz
edited March 2015 in Jigging & Popping
Hi guys. Im new to light jigging and would like some advice and opinions from kakis here.
Im goin for my 1st trip to desaru and preparing my light jigging setup. Kinda budget tho..looking at these 3 bc rods. Any other rods suitable within these price range would be considered too.

1. Majorcraft slow pitch giantkilling pe 0.8-2
2. Majorcraft slow pitch crosstage pe 0.8-2
3. Storm gomoku erito pe 0.8-1.5

Was advice to use jigs from 30g up to 60g( mainly slow fall jis). So what poundage braided line and flourocarbon leader would be matched?
As for the reel, i've got a daiwa ryoga bay jigging C2025pe-shl.

Appreciate all comments and advice. Thanks all in advance.
  • Michael Lim
    Afbiz" said:
    Hi guys. Im new to light jigging and would like some advice and opinions from kakis here.
    Im goin for my 1st trip to desaru and preparing my light jigging setup. Kinda budget tho..looking at these 3 bc rods. Any other rods suitable within these price range would be considered too.

1. Majorcraft slow pitch giantkilling pe 0.8-2
    2. Majorcraft slow pitch crosstage pe 0.8-2
    3. Storm gomoku erito pe 0.8-1.5

Was advice to use jigs from 30g up to 60g( mainly slow fall jis). So what poundage braided line and flourocarbon leader would be matched?
    As for the reel, i've got a daiwa ryoga bay jigging C2025pe-shl.

Appreciate all comments and advice. Thanks all in advance.
    At those size of jigs, it's considered UL to L and thus PE 0.6 to 2 lines would suffice. I would recommend that you start off with PE1 and about 30lbs leader as you would have sufficient power and thin enough to allow the jigs to work the flutter.
  • Afbiz
    Thanks for the reply. Ok will go for pe1 lines. How bout the rods i mentioned? Any out of the 3 rods you would recommend?