Is there such a rod?

sp@rtacus
edited December 2014 in Jigging & Popping
I maybe greedy here. But i am heading to Kuching (Seaworld) next year and am looking for a rod that can serve dual purpose (if that exist??).

A rod that can allow me to jig as well as do bottom fishing ... can anyone intro a setup?
Prefer Spinning. :D
  • ckjh
    sp@rtacus" said:
    I maybe greedy here. But i am heading to Kuching (Seaworld) next year and am looking for a rod that can serve dual purpose (if that exist??).

    A rod that can allow me to jig as well as do bottom fishing ... can anyone intro a setup?
    Prefer Spinning. :D
    Spinning and btm dont really get along. Haha.
    overhead still ok. A 1.5-4 pe rod and a pe3 reel
  • SportAngler
    Better to go with overhead.
    Depending on the jig weight and sinker you plan to you.
    I am using a smith AMJ PE3-6.
    Good for me but max sinker size 14J.
  • sp@rtacus
    SportAngler" said:
    Better to go with overhead.
    Depending on the jig weight and sinker you plan to you.
    I am using a smith AMJ PE3-6.
    Good for me but max sinker size 14J.
    Thanks guys... hmm..maybe I should get 2 setups. One for bottom and one for jig. Want fish, cannot be lazy.. ha ha.
  • ckjh
    Overhead for heavy btm and spinning pe 1-3 for jigging 50-150g
  • sp@rtacus
    ckjh" said:
    Overhead for heavy btm and spinning pe 1-3 for jigging 50-150g
    Got it.. thanks. I bring 2 rods.
Sign In or Register to comment.
CLASSIFIEDS
TRIPS
© Copyright 2020
All times are UTC