choosing a jigging rod

Kia Jin
edited December 2014 in Jigging & Popping
I've been on the internet for a while and have been looking for a good jigging rod to match with a shimano bay game for light jigging in local waters.
My budget is around 100-200 $

i've whittled down the rods to these few. Anyone have any experiences with the following rods can share. (ie. strong backbone, tip too soft etc etc)

1. gomoku kaiten
2. shimano metalblow
3. majorcraft giant killing light jigging rods
4. major craft crostage light jigging series
5. vivid bay destroyer
6. daiwa bluebacker
7. daiwa blast.
8. daiwa saltist sacrifice
9. golden mean sabel dance 2.
10. graphite leader protone EX

Told you i've been on the internet, found a plethora of rods. :D
  • Adamspacer
    Maybe you can try major solpara or even eupro alcohol. Both also not bad. Crosstage also good.
  • KaEN
    I used to have a few Giant Killing rods, but sold all away except the Light Jigging series. I am very happy with the rod.

Not as parabolic as the Basic Series, the LJ series backbone is higher, which is good for lifting power and it comes with a sensitive tip.

The rest on your list I had not try before, see any other kaki can provide you some more reviews
  • Kia Jin
    Thanks for your feedback! will consider that
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Kia Jin" said:
    I've been on the internet for a while and have been looking for a good jigging rod to match with a shimano bay game for light jigging in local waters.
    My budget is around 100-200 $

i've whittled down the rods to these few. Anyone have any experiences with the following rods can share. (ie. strong backbone, tip too soft etc etc)

1. gomoku kaiten
    2. shimano metalblow
    3. majorcraft giant killing light jigging rods
    4. major craft crostage light jigging series
    5. vivid bay destroyer
    6. daiwa bluebacker
    7. daiwa blast.
    8. daiwa saltist sacrifice
    9. golden mean sabel dance 2.
    10. graphite leader protone EX

Told you i've been on the internet, found a plethora of rods. :D
    4. major craft crostage light jigging series; it's mostly been this vs the Zerek Light Tamer, which I understand is a spinning only rod, you seem to be matching with an over head, all good.