Fishing Super Spooks for Toman and Peacock Bass

lookard
edited November 2014 in Jigging & Popping
Hey guys,

I have never fished freshwater in Singapore before, and I was wondering if the Super Spook lures by Hendon are good for snakeheads and Peacock bass? If so, what colors should I get?

I read this http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&p=1262181#p1262181 and I think the super spooks should work right?

I'm currently in the US, but I am going to head back soon. Wanna get some lures from amazon.

Thank you for all the feedback!

Haven been very successful with Largemouths here because I started late fall and was predominately targeting carps before. Have caught some good sized carps, but nothing over 30lbs yet.

• Luke Maow Bear
    I would go for natural looking colours.
  • lookard
    Ok I'll find some natural colors. What bait fishes we have in our fresh waters? :) Sorry if this is a noob question.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    lookard" said:
    Ok I'll find some natural colors. What bait fishes we have in our fresh waters? :) Sorry if this is a noob question.
    It depends on what is targeted.

It's not always a case of match the hatch.

Tilapia, baby Peacock Bass and Toman are all fair bait fish game. They all seem to eat each other and take turns dominating a spot.
  • lookard
    Thanks! Will look out for those colors! Gonna try and target both the toman and peacock bass.
  • BiGB@RR@
    Honestly, for topwater lures, colour doesn't play a big part. Sure, at times it may seem that the fish seem to only hit a certain colour, but I think it is largely a confidence factor. The more confidence you have in a lure or colour, the more time it spends in the water, translating into more chances of getting a hit.
    I say colour doesn't play a big part for topwater lures because fish will be looking up at it against the sky, and all they will see is a silhouette.
    Focus more on your presentation instead.