Prawn VS Madai or any artificial

Peek
edited January 2015 in Jigging & Popping
Just curious, which is more effective ?
why, is there any sea or weather condition which suit a particular technique ?
  • physlo2
    Peek" said:
    Paiseh see this post late.

For me, Ma-Prawn. Madai + Prawn = all varieties of fishes. Proven countless of times :mrgreen:
  • ghoti
    Physlo2, may i know how you rig the prawn? And how many of them? You hook them by the tail like normal?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Peek" said:
    Here is the ma-prawn post I did: viewtopic.php?p=1202670#p1202670

The ma-prawn is king, I have tried going toe to toe with it with just a Madai; it works.

However, big profiles jigs are very effective - I wont' call it slow fall as I am off that bandwagon and rather say use wider profile jigs have proven very effective.

If you have the choice to put a prawn on your madai, do it - no shame as you paid SGD$60 to SGD$100 or less, to go on your trip - maximise it.

Hope this helps,
    LMB
  • SportAngler
    The 1 who land the fishes win. Do what you need to catch a fish.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    SportAngler" said:
    The 1 who land the fishes win. Do what you need to catch a fish.
    Well said brother, "Do what you need to catch a fish"
  • physlo2
    ghoti" said:
    Physlo2, may i know how you rig the prawn? And how many of them? You hook them by the tail like normal?
    Different anglers have different ways of hooking. Some will use a prawn split into 2 for both hooks. But I personally prefer to hide both hooks inside a large prawn.

Either way both have proven to be deadly...so many varieties have been caught :mrgreen:
  • physlo2
    Luke Maow Bear" said:
    [quote="SportAngler"]The 1 who land the fishes win. Do what you need to catch a fish.
    Well said brother, "Do what you need to catch a fish"[/quote]

However there are still some yaya papaya who swears that without prawn they still can catch fish. But they always end up with nothing at the end...losers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • Luke Maow Bear
    physlo2" said:
    [quote="Luke Maow Bear"][quote="SportAngler"]The 1 who land the fishes win. Do what you need to catch a fish.

However there are still some yaya papaya who swears that without prawn they still can catch fish. But they always end up with nothing at the end...losers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

ha ha ha ha! I know one idiot yaya papaya, ME! Stubborn old fool, I learnt it the hard way.
  • SportAngler
    physlo2" said:
    [quote="Luke Maow Bear"][quote="SportAngler"]The 1 who land the fishes win. Do what you need to catch a fish.

However there are still some yaya papaya who swears that without prawn they still can catch fish. But they always end up with nothing at the end...losers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]
    Yes. Still can be done. But mainly for oversea.
    SG all fishes have degree LOL :lol:
  • samhoh
    Peek" said:
    to do a more accurate comparison, use ma-pollo and see which hook get more fish at the end of the trip.
  • Rainbowfish
    samhoh" said:
    [quote="Peek"]Just curious, which is more effective ?
    to do a more accurate comparison, use ma-pollo and see which hook get more fish at the end of the trip.[/quote]

Bro, what is ma-pollo?
  • samhoh
    Rainbowfish" said:
    [quote="samhoh"][quote="Peek"]Just curious, which is more effective ?
    to do a more accurate comparison, use ma-pollo and see which hook get more fish at the end of the trip.[/quote]

Bro, what is ma-pollo?[/quote]

Apollo rig, then use a madai instead of sinker.
    I heard of it recently but haven't got a chance to try yet. That's why i asked you if got weekday offshore jio me. :D
  • Rainbowfish
    samhoh" said:

Apollo rig, then use a madai instead of sinker.
    Oh, Thanks. I saw someone used before, din know that is call ma-pollo. :D
  • physlo2
    Wah Piang learn something new. Ma-pollo :mrgreen:

But having an Apollo rig combined with a madai below is only going to get your chances of snag even higher. :lol:
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Ma-pollo?! Wah this one you can only in Singapore. Ma-pollo!
  • physlo2
    Luke Maow Bear" said:
    Ma-pollo?! Wah this one you can only in Singapore. Ma-pollo!
    That is Singaporeans specialty.....coming out with names/terms :lol:
  • stickbom!
    Nothing beats natural bait. But I have fond memories of my early adventures with a 60g & 80g Duel Salty Rubber. No one was selling them in SG at that time and the boat man thought I was either delusional or high on weed when he saw me using it. Hahahaha! Pretty sure it works with or without some bait attached so just give it a try. Its almost fail proof.

PS. Madai is a fish. The lure we are talking about is a Tai Rubber. I'm pretty much to blame for this mix up since I started calling is a MADAI years ago :)
  • physlo2
    stickbom!" said:
    Nothing beats natural bait. But I have fond memories of my early adventures with a 60g & 80g Duel Salty Rubber. No one was selling them in SG at that time and the boat man thought I was either delusional or high on weed when he saw me using it. Hahahaha! Pretty sure it works with or without some bait attached so just give it a try. Its almost fail proof.

PS. Madai is a fish. The lure we are talking about is a Tai Rubber. I'm pretty much to blame for this mix up since I started calling is a MADAI years ago :)
    The Master Baiter has spoken :lol:
  • Snapback
    Lately, another option is makuning. Jig for small kunings and attach kuning to madai. Also very effective.
  • physlo2
    Snapback" said:
    Lately, another option is makuning. Jig for small kunings and attach kuning to madai. Also very effective.
    Wah piang....now Ma-Kuning :mrgreen:

But I agreed. Have encounter unstoppable near ST John area with Ma-Kuning.
  • Strider
    physlo2" said:
    [quote="Snapback"]Lately, another option is makuning. Jig for small kunings and attach kuning to madai. Also very effective.

But I agreed. Have encounter unstoppable near ST John area with Ma-Kuning.[/quote]

ma-tong

madaipus

ma-lure

ma-everything

:lol: :lol:
  • Strider
    physlo2" said:
    [quote="Snapback"]Lately, another option is makuning. Jig for small kunings and attach kuning to madai. Also very effective.

But I agreed. Have encounter unstoppable near ST John area with Ma-Kuning.[/quote]

ma-tong

madaipus

ma-lure

ma-everything

:lol: :lol:
  • Peek
    thanks for all your interesting reply.
    So now I understand the Japanese word for Ma is sinker, follow by whatsoever bait you match come the Ma-prawn, Ma-pus, Ma-Kunning, Ma-tong.
    Finally Ma-pollo for the ultimate test for best of the best =D>