jigging rod

iLL
edited October 2014 in Jigging & Popping
hi guy, I am new here. but I am looking for a jigging rod that can take jig weight of 40g-80g, price from $100-$200 range. any good recommendation???
  • Wei_Lian
    Shimano metal blow/salty advance. Gomoku range rods
  • iLL
    Wei_Lian" said:
    Shimano metal blow/salty advance. Gomoku range rods
    I am actually think of gomoku rod. but I will be using the rod for 40g jig and 80g madai. can it be done?
  • Wei_Lian
    Shouldnt be a problem
  • iLL
    Wei_Lian" said:
    Shouldnt be a problem
    gomoku red?
  • Wei_Lian
    Depends on the size of your reel
  • zhuhaibaker
    iLL" said:
    hi guy, I am new here. but I am looking for a jigging rod that can take jig weight of 40g-80g, price from $100-$200 range. any good recommendation???
    Go down to the new tackle shop , the big fish @helping hand , the Gomoku Rods are sellng at very attractive prices . :mrgreen:
  • zhuhaibaker
    iLL" said:
    [quote="Wei_Lian"]Shimano metal blow/salty advance. Gomoku range rods
    I am actually think of gomoku rod. but I will be using the rod for 40g jig and 80g madai. can it be done?[/quote]
    I think depends on where you fish too, so far I have been out offshore fishing 5 times this month , and each time the current seems to be strong , so need at least 120g to 150g for the Madai to each the bottom , one reason could also be my line is 30lbs , i have seen some whose line are just 10lbs and they need only 60g to each the bottom , think the thickness of the PE line plays a part too. Maybe some Fk expert here can give us some pointers ? :mrgreen:
  • iLL
    Wei_Lian" said:
    Depends on the size of your reel
    beaufort 3000 reel can?
  • iLL
    zhuhaibaker" said:
    [quote="iLL"]hi guy, I am new here. but I am looking for a jigging rod that can take jig weight of 40g-80g, price from $100-$200 range. any good recommendation???
    Go down to the new tackle shop , the big fish @helping hand , the Gomoku Rods are sellng at very attractive prices . :mrgreen:[/quote]
    where the location of this new tackle shop? how the price like?
  • Devilzken
    I tink at seragoon roroad u might wan to search the forum see if got any post or Google it.
  • zhuhaibaker
    iLL" said:
    [quote="zhuhaibaker"][quote="iLL"]hi guy, I am new here. but I am looking for a jigging rod that can take jig weight of 40g-80g, price from $100-$200 range. any good recommendation???
    Go down to the new tackle shop , the big fish @helping hand , the Gomoku Rods are sellng at very attractive prices . :mrgreen:[/quote]
    where the location of this new tackle shop? how the price like?[/quote]

Location : upper serangoon road , before the Kovan MRT station , there is a church beside . It is the place that sells teak wood furniture. It is a very big compound. If you are driving, there are plenty of free parking space. You can even park your car just in front of the tackle shop. If i am not wrong the prices are cheaper than a tackle shop in the north.