Need advise for madai jigging?

articangel
edited November 2014 in Jigging & Popping
I interested in madai jigging in southern island and can somebody advise me multiplier or spinning reel is better and more efficient on madai jigging? Any recommendation for rod and reel/multiplier. My budget is about 1k

Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks :D
  • SportAngler
    Do you prefer using spinning or oh?
    Many ppl say OH is better but I am a spinner so I uses spinning and caught as much fishes.
    Decide which and you can go from there.
  • articangel
    Currently I have a shimano bio master 4000 reel and pe 1 xzoga rod only, can I use it for madai jigging there or any good reel and rod is recommend?

Thanks
  • SportAngler
    The reel is more then enough to handle it.
    What you need is a rod that can jig 150gms madai.
    A PE1-2 or 1-3 will be a prefer choice.
    I pair with my Zerek Tamer 1-3.
  • Rainbowfish
    SportAngler" said:
    The reel is more then enough to handle it.
    What you need is a rod that can jig 150gms madai.
    A PE1-2 or 1-3 will be a prefer choice.
    I pair with my Zerek Tamer 1-3.

Is it necessary that the rod must be able to handle 150 and 200g madai weight?
  • SportAngler
    Yes. I tried Salty fighter and the rod was bending too much that I can't really feel anything using 150gm. But that rod is good for sub 100gm madai.
  • fadlyebrahem
    Try storm kaiten..pe 1-3...
    Why?cos many r using it and u wont feel left out :)
  • Luke Maow Bear
    I have been toying with the idea to get that Evergreen Slow Fall Rod and use it as a Madai rod as well.

2 for the price of one! :)
  • Luke Maow Bear
    I have been toying with the idea to get that Evergreen Slow Fall Rod and use it as a Madai rod as well.

• zhuhaibaker
    Luke Maow Bear" said:

Which one...603-6 ?

EVERGREEN(エバーグリーン インターナショナル) - PSLJ 603-6 スロージャーカー603-6

was having the same idea... :mrgreen:
  • articangel
    A friend recommend me to use Shimano Ocean Jigger 2000NRPG with Yamaga Blanks for 150g to 250g Madai jigging. Is the spec perfect fit enough? Sorry I'm a noob in Madai jigging and never use multipliers b4. I'm a spinning reel user all my life..lol but dun mind trying something new if it is efficient in Madai jigging.
  • Devilzken
    Bro I suggest u borrow from ya fren a oh reel and try it out for madai or jigging. Do not buy to try as I did lol #-o . In the end went bk to spin haha. Oj do not have line guides and have to manual guide the line to the spool (left to rite, rite to left). Also the reel maintianance is diff frm spin.
  • xgalvin
    haha Bro.. just try Ryoga or conquest this both reel have level wind.. and can do some casting. if you away offshore fishing. then use ocea jigger this reel narrow spool more easily do the line. good luck, :mrgreen:
  • Rainbowfish
    articangel" said:
    A friend recommend me to use Shimano Ocean Jigger 2000NRPG with Yamaga Blanks for 150g to 250g Madai jigging. Is the spec perfect fit enough? Sorry I'm a noob in Madai jigging and never use multipliers b4. I'm a spinning reel user all my life..lol but dun mind trying something new if it is efficient in Madai jigging.

Ya, borrow from your friend to try the setup? My friend also highly recommend yamaga blank , model is 604b. Maybe your friend is my friend? lol :lol:
  • xgalvin
    Wa for local water 2000nrpg really to heavy duty sia but also can try. Wahaha =D>