Reel recommendations

Duncanl36
edited December 2014 in Jigging & Popping

I have a MajorCraft Giant Killing longfall pe 1.5 - pe 4.0 rod. It is a overhead rod. What reel should I pair it with? I was thinking of something along the lines of an Accurate bx500n or a JM PE 4.
Are those reels too 'overkill' for the rod?
Anyone have any suggestions?
  • SportAngler
    PE4 will be a good pairing.
    But if you are doing slow fall, Ocean Calcutta will 200 will do better.
  • Duncanl36
    SportAngler" said:
    PE4 will be a good pairing.
    But if you are doing slow fall, Ocean Calcutta will 200 will do better.
    Not the Accurate? Is it too big? should I get the smaller one? or maybe a Trinidad or the Ocea Jigger? I have used an ocea culcutta 200 before and I did not really like it.
  • Duncanl36
    Duncanl36" said:

I have a MajorCraft Giant Killing longfall pe 1.5 - pe 4.0 rod. It is a overhead rod. What reel should I pair it with? I was thinking of something along the lines of an Accurate bx500n or a JM PE 4.
    Are those reels too 'overkill' for the rod?
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Who added the photo to my post? Did not remember posting the post. Haha :lol:
  • Wei_Lian
    Should get the size 300/301hg ocea calcutta instead, almost like ocea jigger...
  • zen69
    Accurate 400 or 270 will look pefectly......... Just my point of view...... :lol:
  • samhoh
    If you don't mind JM, can consider ocean devil PE4.
    New one only $440.
    Cheap & good.
  • Duncanl36
    zen69" said:
    Accurate 400 or 270 will look pefectly......... Just my point of view...... :lol:
    I am considering the accurate 400XN lefty but hard to find. The 270 even harder.
  • Duncanl36
    samhoh" said:
    If you don't mind JM, can consider ocean devil PE4.
    New one only $440.
    Cheap & good.
    Don't really like the feel of the ocean devil leh. It's like the accurate fury, feels cheap.
  • xgalvin
    Bro.. If you going accurate try to use narrow spool will be better. Because narrow more easy line spooling back your reel. If you going 500 size better using pe 5 rod. Good luck.
  • Azy
    Hands down Ocea Calcutta 301hg. Less complicated reel