Modify Shimano Sienna's knob for jigging use

zsefv
edited September 2014 in Jigging & Popping
Dear jiggers, I am kinda noob about jigging. I have a Shimano Sienna 4000FD which is an entry level reel. I have used this to jig, but ended up with blisters in my fingers.

The handle of the sienna is a T bar shape. I would like to know if it is possible to modify with those yumeya, EVA or other brands of round knobs for my handle knob. Or should I change the whole handle?

If not possible (get a totally new reel), any recommendations for pairing a spinning reels for jigging with my Kaiser Versa Pitch?

Many Thanks!!!
  • jovinceino
    2013 Stella 4000XG.

comes with round knob. problem solved
  • M@|ice
    Wear a pair of gloves while jigging. Especially on the hand that is holding the handle knob.

If budget is a factor, you might wanna look at cycling or golf gloves... They can be more comfortable than you think!
  • SportAngler
    I have a power handle that fit this reel.
    Let me go home and find and post a picture.
  • Devilzken
    Most shimano reel should b able to change knob depend on the knob size. If ya t handle got 2 screw meaning u can take out and change to a round knob.
  • stormmac
    zsefv" said:
    Dear jiggers, I am kinda noob about jigging. I have a Shimano Sienna 4000FD which is an entry level reel. I have used this to jig, but ended up with blisters in my fingers.

The handle of the sienna is a T bar shape. I would like to know if it is possible to modify with those yumeya, EVA or other brands of round knobs for my handle knob. Or should I change the whole handle?

If not possible (get a totally new reel), any recommendations for pairing a spinning reels for jigging with my Kaiser Versa Pitch?

Many Thanks!!!
    Mod of knob might be possible but not all knob fits, u got to check the sizes there is size a and size b, I believe urs should be size a. If there is screw to unscrew the knob it will be easier if not u need to buy the knob that come with a shaft, and need to drill out the existing shaft.

Hope this help
  • zsefv
    jovinceino" said:
    2013 Stella 4000XG.

comes with round knob. problem solved
    Stella is currently out of budget :)
    M@|ice" said:
    Wear a pair of gloves while jigging. Especially on the hand that is holding the handle knob.

If budget is a factor, you might wanna look at cycling or golf gloves... They can be more comfortable than you think!
    Thanks for the great tip on cycling or golfing gloves!
    SportAngler" said:
    I have a power handle that fit this reel.
    Let me go home and find and post a picture.
    Would love to see the photo!
    Devilzken" said:
    Most shimano reel should b able to change knob depend on the knob size. If ya t handle got 2 screw meaning u can take out and change to a round knob.
    stormmac" said:

Mod of knob might be possible but not all knob fits, u got to check the sizes there is size a and size b, I believe urs should be size a. If there is screw to unscrew the knob it will be easier if not u need to buy the knob that come with a shaft, and need to drill out the existing shaft.

Hope this help

Actually I have been to sincere tackles and asked about the knobs they selling, the guy there (not henry) say need to drill additional holes to screw the knob on. I am looking for a one stop solution, just purchase a knob, replace the existing T bar with the round knob.
  • SportAngler
    This knob need to drill. I sold mine handle or else I could show you a picture.
  • Devilzken
    It depend on ya reel the knob can take out a not. If can then no prob. If not like my 05 twp 2000 need to drill then insert another handle pin