Evergreen Poseidon Spin Jerker vs temple Reef Mytho LJ(PE2)

adrian366
edited May 2015 in Jigging & Popping
Hi,

1. Temple Reef "Mytho" Light Jigging PE0.8-2

Vs

2. Evergreen Poseidon "Light Jerker" PE 2

Can anyone advice which one is a better buy as both is about the same price..

Any Coment??
  • i_feed_hungry_fish
    Yeah me too... any reviews about this 2 rods?
    Considering temple reef more thou
  • Luke Maow Bear
    adrian366" said:
    Hi,

Vs

Any Coment??
    I have heard good things about the TR however have not tried it, I own the Light Jerker and it's a beast of a rod that can handle anything in its class.

Either choice would be good, but if I had to pick one, it would be the Evergreen.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Facebook Group comments on this topic.
    ???
    I don't own either but since there's going to be a valid warranty for the Temple Reef, I'd certainly go for it.
    Pisang Mark LJster
    Evergreen Poseidon is a much stiffer rod with good backbone n lifting power while Temple Reef is more to the softer whippy side where it's lifting power n backbone kicks in at about 45 degrees bend onwards. I personally prefers the more whippy class of rod as it's more fun when fighting fishes so I vote for Temple Reef
    Bryan Karabasan
    I prefer the softer more bendy type of rod. Because of the bend you can abuse the rod more.
    Temple Reef Mytho: viewtopic.php?t=252777

• duki
    Luke Maow Bear" said:
    [quote="adrian366"]Hi,

Vs

Any Coment??
    I have heard good things about the TR however have not tried it, I own the Light Jerker and it's a beast of a rod that can handle anything in its class.

Either choice would be good, but if I had to pick one, it would be the Evergreen.[/quote]

I agree oon that. I have heard some good things about TR
  • bigsplash
    slightly out of topic but i would throw shimano jigwrex LJ into the fray
    awesome backbone power on this baby
  • (((Zziplex)))
    2 different rods for mostly 2 different applications.
  • adrian366
    Thanks for all the reviews above..
    I've bought the TR infact. One word to describe abt the rod. It's awesome! Very Powerful back bone with whippy actions
  • Strider
    (((Zziplex)))" said:
    i tend to agree.

i think tr is more for micro and light jigging and poseidon seems to be for heavier jigging. their pe 2 seems to be pe 2 to 5 rod as its pe 3 seems to be pe 3 to 8 instead... monsters have been caught on their high pitch jerkers and spin jerkers.

tr rods from the specs seems to be more like the valley hill ocean trail kind... whippy with strong back.

that said, glad the thread starter is happy with his purchase of the tr and catch lots.let us know more.
  • Strider
    (((Zziplex)))" said:
    i tend to agree.

i think tr is more for micro and light jigging and poseidon seems to be for heavier jigging. their pe 2 seems to be pe 2 to 5 rod as its pe 3 seems to be pe 3 to 8 instead... monsters have been caught on their high pitch jerkers and spin jerkers.

tr rods from the specs seems to be more like the valley hill ocean trail kind... whippy with strong back.

that said, glad the thread starter is happy with his purchase of the tr and catch lots.let us know more.
  • adrian366
    bigsplash" said:
    slightly out of topic but i would throw shimano jigwrex LJ into the fray
    awesome backbone power on this baby
    Just because of its "out of topic" n my curiosity. I bought this jigwrex LJ PE1.5 for a test too.
    To my surprise, its performance is truly awesome! Powerful back bone indeed. For the price, i think it's highly recommend for light jigger kaki here too.