Freshwater jigging

shy
edited August 2014 in Jigging & Popping
Hi guys,

Need some advice and tips on freshwater jigging. Not sure it's as productive as hard and soft plastic lures or if it'll get snagged easily as compared to normal lures (planning to try the below jig of 20g). Thanks!

• Luke Maow Bear
    shy" said:

Hi guys,

Need some advice and tips on freshwater jigging. Not sure it's as productive as hard and soft plastic lures or if it'll get snagged easily as compared to normal lures (planning to try the below jig of 20g). Thanks!

Use a Micro Jig find the lightest possible 10 gram and below, that is what I do.

Jigs sink so much faster than sinking lures, so a 10 gram and below will free fall fast.

It is not a rule, it's just something I follow.
  • shy
    But will lighter jig be possible with 20lb braided line? Still able to cast out the same?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    shy" said:
    But will lighter jig be possible with 20lb braided line? Still able to cast out the same?
    Yes just not as far, you can look at the Shimano Soare Tungsten Jig - small and heavy.
  • Luke Maow Bear

Shimano Soare.
  • shy
    Will check it out. Hopefully they wouldn't get snagged, thanks bro!
  • Rapala VMC - Fred
    based on my experience, 8 to 15g jigs will be suitable. The slower the jig fall, the better it is actually. This is because it has that same slow fall action which has a good presentation to the fishes. To compromise casting distance and action, hence these weights are recommended. Some successful jigs that I have tried are Super Skarp 12g, Storm MCJ08 and 12g. :lol:
  • furiousfury
    u know anywhere that can use jigs???
    i dont know any good places for freshwater jigging
  • sorksorkkallipok
    furiousfury" said:
    u know anywhere that can use jigs???
    i dont know any good places for freshwater jigging
    reservoir