XBunsoyX's Freshwater & Saltwater Catch Reports

• XBunsoyX
    Andy Miyavizm Chan" said:
    [quote="XBunsoyX"][quote="Elliott"]do you need any special equipment for eging
    Well, not really. I have caught squid on very basic setups before.

SUch as this:

Rod: Telescopic Rod China Brand
    Reel: Shimano Nasci C3000HG
    Line: Suffix Vice Versa PE 1.5
    Leader: Asari 20lbs
    Jig: Technic

Of course, if you want more hookups and better jig luring action, the most important is the rod.
    You can get an eging rod. The best basic cheapest eging rod is MajorCraft Crostage Eging Game.
    For reel, as long it is able to cast far which means the spool has to be a somehow shallow, then its good. You need the distance. And get size 3000. The rotation of the reel handle will be worked easier on this reel size.

Rod is the MOST important as taught to me by other expert eging kakis of mine and also well i thought so too in my own opinion.

Squid are almost everywhere. Just that they love to hang out in areas that have LOTS of Seaweed/Seagrass.

I am new to eging too. This is what i know, and its already proven in my catch reports.

And remember, don't think you can catch squid only at night . . . NOT TRUE! You can catch them at night too!

If you have any more questions, do feel free to ask here![/quote]

I know you can do eging both day and night, but why did you say "at night too!" tautological and mind blowing bro.[/quote]

Wahahahaha! My bad my bad. Thank you for pointing it out bro! haha.
  • XBunsoyX

Finally after weeks n WEEKS of zero catches at freshwater.. even no smallies... today, with perseverance and determination, I have landed myself a fish and a biggie at that. Decent size PB caught on eging setup, Majorcraft Skyroad! My kaki was far away from me so had to call him while fighting fish on my phone. . . And of course had to solo fight it and land the fish by myself. Great photoshots credit to my kaki!
  • Hidayat86
    Nice catch! Prepare to be stomped by idiots.. :lol:
  • XBunsoyX
    Hidayat86" said:
    Nice catch! Prepare to be stomped by idiots.. :lol:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: damnnnnnnn. Shoo stompers! haha. Thank you bro !!
  • XBunsoyX

Catch of the day! Zerek Chug Bug !
  • XBunsoyX
    Here are the photos(BELOW)! Humble DOUBLE DIGIT HYBRID PEACOCK BASS! Finally, gotten a biggie. And it's been a roll for the past few fishing sessions. Before these days, it have been zero catches for me at freshwater, not even a smallie. Only last Sunday I have caught myself a 8lbs hybrid peacock. And again. . . Finally, today, with tips and techniques which i also learned from all my fishingkakis, beaten my own personal record of 10lbs! Used IMA Koume 60 with my Majorcraft Crostage Eging Game Rod. Rod is awesome, it's purpose is for squids but its able to handle big fishes too! No need exaggerated push out angle shots like finally for me after a loooooooong time haha! High satisfaction of solo fishing session today !

• XBunsoyX
    IMA Koume 60 have done it once again! Double Digit pounder hybrid peacock bass on the run like a pure muscular monster!

Rod: Majorcraft Crostage Eging Game
    Line: Suffix Versa PE 1.5
    Leader: 30lbs Varivas
    Lure: IMA Koume 60

• XBunsoyX
    Today fishing session is one of the best saltwater shore experience I ever had. Don't know why the spot have so god dam many TODAKS. catch some random baitfish. Cast weightless. let current carry far out. Park rod for 10-20 seconds then zreeet fish on!

All the todaks were wayyyy above average. mine is 1kg+. Fights was too awesome on my Majorcraft Crostage Eging Game rod. bend so wet. missed around 6-7 of them. Did not have smaller hook. You should not use size 1/0 hooks as i did :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Sea otters came and I knew it was a day's conclusion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • XBunsoyX
    Imagine dragons . . . .

No i haven't imagined one . .

Imagine peacocks, I have. . .

Right on ! Yesssssssss!

• XBunsoyX
    edited March 2015
    I had expected a bad fishing day today . .

However, i was wrong . .
    Water condition ain't that good
    But . .
    The fishes were literally very very active today!
    Maybe it is because of the sudden hot weather.
    There was even one spot where me and my kaki(his catches not posted here) were ONE CAST ONE FISH !!

• XBunsoyX
    I had expected a bad fishing day today . .

However, i was wrong . .
    Water condition ain't that good
    But . .
    The fishes were literally very very active today!
    Maybe it is because of the sudden hot weather.
    There was even one spot where me and my kaki(his catches not posted here) were ONE CAST ONE FISH !!

• XBunsoyX
    Today is a smallie temensis/peacock bass topwater frenzy at Bedok Reservoir Legal Ground!

Total around 10 anglers. Average 6 catches each!
    All were safely released back to where it belongs to grow into beautiful beings!

Lures Used
    Duo Popper 64
    IMA Popkey 60
    Zerek Popparazzi

• Icylines
    sorry bro where did u get ur majorcraft eging game rod? whats the price?
    Nice PB's :D :D
  • XBunsoyX
    Icylines" said:
    sorry bro where did u get ur majorcraft eging game rod? whats the price?
    Nice PB's :D :D
    Hey bro long time no see. I bought it from some fishing kaki online.
    If you want, can try Changi Gina shop there. That time i saw price if i remember correctly its $120
  • XBunsoyX
    Hi!

I am lazy to upload here but well since I log in, might as well post.

My first WILD SALTWATER fishes on lure!

Both on VIVID Pro Series Ballista Floating Minnow.

The queenfish and barracuda gave a good fight. Giving jumps while fighting.
    The initial whacking take was the best part.
    The school was literally whacking my lure.

Okay. Well I am happy.
    Bye bye.
    Till next time

• Icylines
    queenfish assam pedas too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    the fish wack a lure 3/4 its size :D
  • XBunsoyX
    Icylines" said:
    queenfish assam pedas too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    the fish wack a lure 3/4 its size :D
    oh oh sorry!
    Forgot mentioned.
    Queenfish I don't like the taste haha. I released it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Icylines
    yep i dislike it too
    the meat is very wierd compared to other fish
    skin is thick too
  • XBunsoyX
    Hi all!

Just started my hunt for Tomans a.k.a Channa Snakehead.
    My first Toman!

I don't post nowadays but well since this is my first, might as well post it!

Will be on a trip to Philippines to hunt LARGEMOUTH BASS!

So gonna be away, will update once im free ^_^
  • joncver
    water in pantabangan dam is high now -- not a good time for largemouths. enjoy the scenery anyway :)
  • XBunsoyX
    joncver" said:
    water in pantabangan dam is high now -- not a good time for largemouths. enjoy the scenery anyway :)
    wait wait.. How u know the exact place i want to fish?! U went there to fish before bro?
  • XBunsoyX
    Hi all!

Well, it's not that i am not fishing, I am just lazy to post my catches now.
    Follow my team's facebook page to see all our(and of course mine) catches there instead!

Here is the link: Update Your Browser | Facebook

Support FishingKaki too!
    If you haven't like their facebook page..

Here is the link: Update Your Browser | Facebook

I've mostly, or entirely stopped freshwater fishing. I have been going saltwater luring nowadays.
    Saltwater offer me really difficult challenges.. Because there are many factors, the spot(the corals, hard or soft bottom, tide, etc), etc ,etc. Not easy and as i am being new to the saltwater luring scene.
    But once you really get the theory and hang of it, your success of landing one will be greatly enhanced.
    I do NOT ask for spots, I FIND them MYSELF.
    This is one of my few trophy saltwater catches.
    Local Singapore Waters.
    Shore Luring.

Rod: Pennfish SpinSeries 15-25lbs
    Line: Suffix Versa Game PE 1.5
    Leader: JDM Supertune 100% Fluorocarbon Phantom
    Lure: IMA Komomo SF-90
  • XBunsoyX
    Well, i don't usually post anymore but feel like it now..
    So.. hello fellow kakis!
    How is your day? Tight lines!
    Few days ago, went on a fruitful trip with my fishing kakis/fishing team.
    TeamFGSingapore
    TeamFGSingapore Facebook Page
    Orh Pek A.K.A Zebra Tilapia.
    My biggest Giant Zebra Tilapia yet.
    Guess its weight

Also caught my first Earth Eater on lure!
    Did not know this fish takes lures as it usually runs away when i cast to it.
    New species added to my catch report collection.
    Both Zebra Tilapia and Earth Eater are caught on the Rapala Vibe.
    I recommend this lure as it really creates a lot of noise even in the deep and its casting system despite it's light weight helps me to cast it out far.
    Suitable for ul-medium tackle for casting.

Then, cast out. Out of the blue, WHAM AND BAM!! Friend were all behind him, then BAM BAM AND WHAM!
    And a triple hook up achieved.
    Conquer with Conquest, rest follow suit

Do remember to like my fishing team's facebook page below:
    TeamFGSingapore Facebook Page
    We do not represent any fishing brands at the moment(though we want, but with the freedom we have right now, feels so free and happy to freely use any lure :p )
    We are not advertisers, nor part of any companies or businesses.
    Nor registered with ACRA.
    TeamFGSingapore consists of a group of sports fishing enthusiasts who just loves fishing as a sports hobby.
  • joncver
    how was your largemouth bass fishing? yup, i frequent the place.
  • XBunsoyX
    joncver" said:
    I can't go with the initial tour guide as last minute i couldn't go fishing on that day.
    I was referred to another guide for another day, but that 'another guide' fly aeroplane on me .
    I wanted my LB, Threadfin Salmon T_T
  • XBunsoyX
    joncver" said:
    Do you have contacts bro? Or next time if you go, want to go together? keke :lol:
  • joncver
    i've got contacts of my regular boatman there and before i plan i ask him first how is the bite rates. if water is high, it is not advisable.

sure if by chance you are there when i am fishing we can go.
  • XBunsoyX
    joncver" said:
    i've got contacts of my regular boatman there and before i plan i ask him first how is the bite rates. if water is high, it is not advisable.

sure if by chance you are there when i am fishing we can go.
    awesome bro. I aiming for largemouth bass for freshwater and threadfin salmon as a starter there.
    Will go with you. Get to meet new kakis :D
    By the way, do you live in ph? seems like you know the place well haha.
    And also i've seen super good catches online from ph, such as huge black bass, tuna, tenggiri, GT, queenfish.. :O
  • joncver
    i live here in sg although i go almost every month, and if there is a chance will squeeze in fishing trips. yes, fishing in the phil has potentials but still a far cry from other countries -- lack of good boats, spots and education of "catch and release."

i have met you once casting in kallang, and i believe you posted as well in PACI.
  • XBunsoyX
    joncver" said:
    i live here in sg although i go almost every month, and if there is a chance will squeeze in fishing trips. yes, fishing in the phil has potentials but still a far cry from other countries -- lack of good boats, spots and education of "catch and release."

i have met you once casting in kallang, and i believe you posted as well in PACI.
    What did we talk about in Kallang? haha. Can't remember.
    PACI is the pinoy anglers facebook group?