XBunsoyX's Freshwater & Saltwater Catch Reports

• Neptune
    Nice chatting with you that day, you are a nice easy going fellow too, willing to impart your knowledge to a newbie. I'm happy to have met a younger generation of responsible anglers who bring about sport fishing to a higher level. Thanks for the pointers that day, I'll try and practice to get the right rhythm.
    Till then, hopefully we can fish together again and learn more from you. Tight lines :D

Neptune ( CM Lee)
  • XBunsoyX
    Today was a really good day of fishing.
    Bough this new jig called Maria Mucho Lucir.
    It's a lure that already has a treble hook on it ready instantly for you to use it as a casting jig lure.
    I bought the 7g, micro jig version.
    The price is really worth it. Below $7.
    And the expertise design of it is really, nice :roll:
    Well, bough on 50% impulse, 50% need.

So decided to try this guy out today and guess what..
    IT'S EFFECTIVE!
    Fooled the one heck of Zebra Tilapias I caught! The humble catches pulled some a fierce fight, pulling into structures, when one of them almost made me snagged my line due to it being stucked to a structure. Luckily, it came off.
    Also used DUO Vibe to catch one of the zebra tilapias!
    I almost caught like 4-5 decent size peacocks but I think peacocks hates me, always successfully spit out my lure

• XBunsoyX
    Neptune" said:
    Nice chatting with you that day, you are a nice easy going fellow too, willing to impart your knowledge to a newbie. I'm happy to have met a younger generation of responsible anglers who bring about sport fishing to a higher level. Thanks for the pointers that day, I'll try and practice to get the right rhythm.
    Till then, hopefully we can fish together again and learn more from you. Tight lines :D

Neptune ( CM Lee)
    Hahaha! I ain't stingy nor political. I just love the beauty of fishing, of course I myself learn new things everyday and every fishing sessions.
    Also had fun to chat with you, really fun. Sparkling off laughter even though its our first meeting!
    Yes, let's really fish together again soon!

P.S Younger generation? What?! You look young leh, like around 25. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • XBunsoyX

Today's catch report. The Zebra Tilapias ran down to structure almost snagging my DUO Vibe lure. Tried so many different way to get it out of the snaggy area but whew, I am luckily blessed to have it out. Managed to stop their menace! But eventually my DUO Vibe still got snagged.

Well, this is what happened . . .

Thought it was a snag thus I tightened my line ready to snap it suddenly a very huge pull almost breaking my rod because I wasn't expecting it. I also almost had a close shave of falling into the water. Until now the fear is still in my mind lol. Few moments later, PIAK! Line snapped. And it was a 30lbs leader, SUFFIX BRAND :cry: . My DUO VIBE lure is GONE. Oh my god, I lost nearly $90 worth of lures this past 2 weeks. VERY PAINFUL! I will get revenge on you Monster Bass Fish! I will claim you as my best personal trophy catch, you MONSTER! Most probably a peacock bass/temensis.

P.S Broke my virginity on the Zman Rubber :D
  • XBunsoyX
    Oh yeah, this area I am fishing at.. the fishes are so dam fierce. even the not so big ones, they can drag out my 5kg finesse drag and run around structure >.< !
  • Rainbowfish
    XBunsoyX" said:
    Oh yeah, this area I am fishing at.. the fishes are so dam fierce. even the not so big ones, they can drag out my 5kg finesse drag and run around structure >.< !
    This fish there super power sia, can pull out 5kg drag :shock:
  • XBunsoyX
    Rainbowfish" said:
    [quote="XBunsoyX"]Oh yeah, this area I am fishing at.. the fishes are so dam fierce. even the not so big ones, they can drag out my 5kg finesse drag and run around structure >.< !
    This fish there super power sia, can pull out 5kg drag :shock:[/quote]

But then again, I set my drag too loose. maybe my own fault too haha
  • XBunsoyX
    Hey everyone!

Today I have embarked on a new mission, WILD SALTWATER LURING!
    It's a very new thing to me. Luckily, I have a very great super good very fun and friendly kaki to fish together to share tips together. Well, he is the expert in saltwater luring. Right @neptune? haha.

Arrived at spot. The place was super nice. Water super clear, can see the corals, sea grass, rocks and even the seabed. Today missed a few aramugum, the blue stripe groupers! Always when bringing it up, they came off hook and returned to their home >.< !
    After some hard perseverance through tough conditions, I have finally caught my first wild saltwater fish on lure!

Oh man, you don't know how happy I am to get my first wild saltwater fish ON LURE!
    Jig, making my zman rubber hop along the hard and rocky sea bottom when i felt a strike, but then nothing happened, continued jigging, again i felt it, jig once, then BAMMM!
    Take was awesome!

I totally missed the timing for jigging selars, tambans and coral trouts!
    Because as there were many people at the specific spot, we couldn't go fish there until only later at outgoing tide near to low tide peak already.
    Used Maria Mucho Lucir 7g Micro Jig as i thought it could be the killer for them!
    Well, the biting frenzy has already gone off and i think the fishes are scared of something. Something big has been chasing them around but couldn't identify the mysterious biggie.
    First fish.. BAM! Selar Kuning!
    Then came the second fish!

BAMM! It gave me a thrilling fight and shock! haha!
    Used the slow fall pitching jigging technique.

Suddenly, I am addicted to saltwater luring. You will see more of me doing saltwater luring next time hehe.
  • XBunsoyX
    By the way, I recommend all of you anglers out there to use this line as your main line for your reels!

SUFFIX VERSA GAME!

It is intensely tough and have high endurance. When I had snags, i tried my luck, lock drag and pull with rod but line did not snap which would usually do at that tension. This proves it is seriously powerful, able to handle big fishes with a very thin diameter. And the casting prowess of this line is incredible. I was surprised at how far I could throw with this line. And if you are using BC reels, it really will save you from a lot of brid nest problems. It's smoothness is as smooth as lubricant
  • Icylines
    SALTWATER LURING XD
    sry im just laughing at how i have always told myself to pick it up and fin a spot but is always too lazy and just settle back with live baits at bedok jetty :lol: :lol:
    Hehe
    ALL THE BEST FOR your salt water adventure XD :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • XBunsoyX
    Icylines" said:
    SALTWATER LURING XD
    sry im just laughing at how i have always told myself to pick it up and fin a spot but is always too lazy and just settle back with live baits at bedok jetty :lol: :lol:
    Hehe
    ALL THE BEST FOR your salt water adventure XD :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Haha. You should really try for saltwater spots!
    The moment you get your first wild saltwater fish on lure, the satisfaction is so dam good.
    It's so different from freshwater fishing. hehe.
    Hope my next one i can land some groupers, kims, barracudas and queenfish.
    Dream to land them with lures instead of baits haha.
  • XBunsoyX
    Hi all!

Just now i fished in the morning..
    A group of anglers was there too..
    I believed to think that they are malay..
    I think u saw me fish with you guys..
    I was wearing a sport shorts, grey polo tee(looks a bit tight), carrying a BLUE BILLABONG BAG and using Storm Keiryo GoMoKu Green Colour.
    I left my Abu Garcia Lure box on the ledge.
    Totally forgot about it.

There is a D lure Explorer, Zerek Popper(Black Popper), Rapala Cracklin(Green), DUO Spybait(the legendary white colour) and I think got ima lure but can't seem to recall. Whoever saw my lure box hope you can return to me. Honest soul oh!
    Do refer to the pictures below to see how they look like!

Feeling so terrible

• sgbdk
    that's bad news.. hopefully that group of kind soul will return them back to you..

and kudos to that honest lad if they do..

do be more careful in the future
  • XBunsoyX
    This spot I went to now have lots of baiters. And the spot is supposed to be 'dead'. Nonetheless, wanted to cure itch so just tried. Surprisingly, it's LO JIAK LO JIAK! I caught 10 pieces i think. Was really into the crazy frenzy. Just cranking my Keitech Easy Shiner slowly along the bottom with occasional twitches gave me thrills on almost every cast. Most of all, the baiters couldn't catch a single pb/temensis. They were staring at me in awe. Yay! They asked what I used... Well, I just said melted damp sand(sand melt with fire) with spraypaint. And they were shocked and so excited to do it!
    HAHAHAHAHA!
    Sorry, just had to do it.

Here are the pictures !

• XBunsoyX
    sgbdk" said:
    that's bad news.. hopefully that group of kind soul will return them back to you..

and kudos to that honest lad if they do..

do be more careful in the future
    Sigh.. Still no news :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Totally forgot hahaha.
    A harsh lesson learnt for me.
  • XBunsoyX
    hi all!

If you see my Abu Garcia Lure Box as stated, please do contact me here! Really appreciate it!
  • XBunsoyX
    hi all!

A little off topic but still related to fishing

Been to Serangoon wanted to buy Azu Peacock Bass but already sold out.
    Thus, anyone knows of any other place where I can get Peacock Bass?
    Azu if possible. And juveniles if possible.

• alvinweet
    actually you can got net them with a small net =x take what you need only tho haha!
  • XBunsoyX
    alvinweet" said:
    actually you can got net them with a small net =x take what you need only tho haha!
    Haha i don't want to intro diseases into my tank. Longkangs are dirty except reservoirs. However, reservoirs hard to find nice juvenile ones. And AZU so hard to find haha!
  • XBunsoyX
    2nd Saltwater fish on lure!
    Keitech Pink Salmon!

• XBunsoyX
    Today is such an ANNOYING DAY!

The peacock basses have been following my lure, but never whack !
    Seriously, there were LOTS of PBs but then.... they never whack -,-
    Some did, but very fast spit out. And they all give the last minute whacks, like when I want to take out my lure out of the water, they suddenly whack but my lure is already out of the water :opps: :opps: :opps: :opps: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Today i used only fly on my BC, should have used spinning or even my finesse bc. Had a hard time casting my fly far or even properly haha.

Today only this devil is fooled into taking my fly greedily believing it is a REAL ENEMY OF IT! HEHE.

Kind of special because it is my first time catching a red devil with the tip of it's tail in black colour.

• XBunsoyX
    Hi all!

My itch was unbearable so decided to go for a very short luring solo session before work.

Here are my catches:

• XBunsoyX
    After an hour of tedious bashing.. . . . hungry, tired and thirsty . . .
    Fishes are caught with my Thai Kaki!

• XBunsoyX
    Hi all!

Been long since I last posted. A little busy with work.
    But well, I went fishing at saltwater over the weekends.
    I only used lures. Strictly Luring ONLY. NO Baiting.
    Yes, you read it, NO BAITING! It means I did not use live baits such as prawns, baitfish, sotong, etc.
    And for the record, this is my 2nd time going on a saltwater fishing trip with LURES ONLY!

It was fun at first, missed a few decent size todaks with my friend. On white rubber and micro jigs. Casting out far into the distance.
    Then after that it was quiet, the current was too damn strong. can see the todaks but our lures will fly to who knows where.
    So we went walking... Trying to find a decent looking spot. Seconds later, we went bashing. hahahaha bashing where is usually done in freshwater but now saltwater. And tada. we found a spot.
    First cast with my MARIA MUCHO LUCIR MICRO JIG 7g, just in front of me, i let it drop slowly to the bottom then jig up slowly once then BAMM!
    I got a fishhhh!
    Then kept getting them.
    Then my friend prepared and changed to his IMA KOUME 80.
    He casted out. once... 2nd cast... then the 3rd cast... First two casts he was jigging his koume near the bottom. Third cast he retrieved at a blazing speed. When nearing us(lure becomes visible), saw a queenfish suddenly came and WHACKED THE LURE SO HARD!
    It pulled my friend's line out out.. the scream from his reel. ZREEEEEET ZREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
    Suddenly, the Queenfish jumped so violently then lure came off.
    Guess what.. His split ring came off.. And the tail of his IMA Koume 80 was slightly bent.
    Yes, I am guessing you, the reader, reading this part might not believe such an event could occur but yes.. 'bent'.
    Not so obvious, but still bent means the Queenfish that took his lure must be a really monster size.. probably 6-10kg. For me, i would say 10kg.
    His IMA Koume 80 had its paint scraped off.. Forgot to take a picture of his lure.. Next time when fishing with my friend, will post here ^_^

Had to stop soon because it was work the next day T_T.
    Finally, a good saltwater luring spot of our own!

Okay enough with the talking
    Here is the picture!

• Icylines
    I was not there but 10kg queenfish is pretty unbelievable but still awesome
    However I have seen many photos of huge queen fish and most of them although absolutely hugefail to hit the 5kg mark
    The 5kg photos I've seen were at bedok jetty
    But even then I cannot say I was NVR there haha
    But 5+ kg must have been such an awesome fight!!!
    Awesome keep up the catch reports!
  • Icylines
    However I have seen many photos of huge queen fish and most of them although absolutely hugefail to hit the 5kg mark
  • XBunsoyX
    Icylines" said:

I myself am shocked to how the queen was so huge and can bend a metal lure. But maybe I miscaculated. SHould have said 5kg+ haha
  • XBunsoyX
    edited November 2014
    Wahahahaha! It is so rare... TOPWATER STRIKE ON SALTWATER!
    On D Lure Aerocast 140 playing the lure very near to the surface then suddenly BAMM!
    My friend's reel went screaming. And he was using a size 3000 reel but this fish was stripping his line.
    Luckily, the barracuda did not snap the line and did not damage his lure!

Me and my friend's fishing trip!
    His fish!

The weight.. You all do the guessing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Icylines
    :D :D :D :D haha great catches!!!!!!
  • XBunsoyX
    Hi all!

I think I am going to migrate to Saltwater luring.
    Saltwater fights beats freshwater fights.
    The thrill is different hahaha.