Slow Pitch/Style/Fall - rods comparison

dogfight
edited April 2015 in Jigging & Popping
Just wondering which one of the below do you think is the best rod for the particular usage of working slow fall/flutter jigs?

1) Evergreen Poiseidon Slow Jerker
2) Hot's Stiletto Slow Style (SSS)
3) New Tenryu Horizon SL (anyone tried before? where to get?)
4) any other rod recommendation with 300-600 dollars price range?

Pleased to hear your comments bros..
  • SilverArrow8
    Tried a friend's EG Poseidon 603-4 or 6 (can't recall exactly) very recently...
    Personal opinion is that it's a very light rod, easy to do slow jig (was using 150g to 180g I think)
    However I did not land anything to test out the potential, Lol

I am currently using a Synit Banshee M, it's actually considered an inchku or Madai rod...
    It's 6'6 and is heavier in weight than the EG but it gets the job done just as easily.. .

The other 2 brands that you listed are top notch as well but i always feel you have to jig with it and land something to really know if you like it...Hope it helps with your choice....
    :)
  • marzin
    You can add in the Palms metal witch ... coming in soon at
    Fishingbuddy ... heard its less den $400
  • Icebomb
    golden mean slow dancer? $250 changi v.
  • poisonmaster
    Tenryu Horizon SL comparable to Slow jerker in terms of tip rebound action...
  • dogfight
    Tks poisonmaster..

Looking at those rods you' selling , you must had had experience with these rods, good to hear your inputs.

Btw, have you actually tried me tenryu horizon sl or you actually owned one already?

Just wondering if you know where to get it locally.. Asked siow chiang already but they don't have it..

Hmmm.....
  • Ahho
    Another option is Yamaga Galahad Slow :D
  • poisonmaster
    dogfight" said:
    Tks poisonmaster..

Looking at those rods you' selling , you must had had experience with these rods, good to hear your inputs.

Btw, have you actually tried me tenryu horizon sl or you actually owned one already?

Just wondering if you know where to get it locally.. Asked siow chiang already but they don't have it..

Hmmm.....
    Glad to share any info on slow pitch jigging :)
    My kaki using Tenryu Horizon SL.. i brought it in for him
    There's a shot of him with the rod below..
    http://jpkuroshio.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/whats-the-next-trend-in-jigging/
    Sea Falcon Slow Shaft is another nice rod.
    so is Beat Propagate, which is also close in action to Slow Jerker but longer in length so more control..
  • poisonmaster
    Ahho" said:
    Another option is Yamaga Galahad Slow :D
    :lol: Galahad Slow is a firm choice yes
  • blueseal
    Palms metal witch power 3

Heard below 400
  • SilverArrow8
    Tried a friend's Yamaga Galahad Slow.... Impressive!
  • dogfight
    Yamaga Slow and ripple's are from same company right?

Where do I get these sexy rods, only from angler's hut?

And where do i get the palms metal witch - last i checked with FB bo ley

tks for the recommendation guys..

I've bought a lot of 100g, 130g, 160g, with these, which rods do you think will perform the best?

1) PSLJ
    2) Hot's SSS
    3) Palms metal witch
    4) Tenryu Horizon SL (but i think sg cannot find yet)
    5) Yamaga Slow

Pleased to hear the recommendations, as am deciding to get soon..
  • poisonmaster
    dogfight" said:
    Yamaga Slow and ripple's are from same company right?

Where do I get these sexy rods, only from angler's hut?

And where do i get the palms metal witch - last i checked with FB bo ley

tks for the recommendation guys..

I've bought a lot of 100g, 130g, 160g, with these, which rods do you think will perform the best?

1) PSLJ
    2) Hot's SSS
    3) Palms metal witch
    4) Tenryu Horizon SL (but i think sg cannot find yet)
    5) Yamaga Slow

Pleased to hear the recommendations, as am deciding to get soon..
    may i ask what jigs you bought in those grammage? that matters to the rod selection too...
  • dogfight
    bassday bottom contact 140g
    damiki backdrop 100g / 130g/ 160g
    fcl slz 150g
    fcl msl 150g
    xesta slow emotion flap (still tryo to find, intending 120g)

I also have a couple of evergreen caprice 50 & 70g, and shout shiver 40 & 60g, wondering what rod to use for these lighter flutter jigs?

plsd to hear your advice bro
  • azariel
    interested to hear what rod you got in the end. been following this thread earnestly.

been a proud owner of a palms metal witch 632sf for 6 months + liao, brought it in from japan. long before fishingbuddy had them. great thing is that fb now stocks a wide variety of slow style jigs under the brand Zetz, which is also under the ambit of Angler's Republic (aka the company that produces the Palms rods too). so I guess they're made for each other.

other than that, been using some of the shout shiver and flash jigs for a while. haven't landed any notable catches on them.

for a light rod that can play 60g jigs well, I recommend the storm gomoku erito. its one of the few rods in that range that the tip is soft and springy enough to play such jigs. gm slow dancer pe 1 isn't really suited for it imo, and other rods such as the tailwalk are hard to find, and quite ex to buy another lightweight slowstyle rod just to play 60g jigs.

but ok la. this style is slowly catching on now. hope to hear more tips,tricks and crs. and tackle reviews of course.
  • dogfight
    yes which reminds me i bought a few of those as well... the slow blatt, too pretty to go unnoticed.. 2 of the S model and 2 of the R model, which I think S model are meant to work with shorter pitches/cranks (whatever you call it)...

yeap they may be pas de deux like you said.. palms metal witch sounds interesting..

personally im using MJ GK SP pe1-3 for these lighter jigs, but felt that rod could go a bit lighter for more fun.. haha

personally more inclined towards to PSLJ/Yamaga slow/Hots.. but hots SSS seems a bit too soft, although it's insanely light.. could jig with it the whole day.. will wait for poisonmaster's reply before purchasing..
    would only go for one.. although tempted to get both/three but that would be very very reckless.. :badgrin:
  • azariel
    what reel are you intending to pair it with anyways?

not heard any reviews about the Hots SSS, but the Poseidon and the yamaga slow style are all the rage in japan. many of the reviews and vids I watch especially swear by the Poseidon. but I've never personally had experience with one so I cant advise on that. in terms of aesthetics I think the yamaga looks sexier though haha.
  • dogfight
    i have both OJ 2000 HP and ryoga BJ 2025, one big one small, really depends on how they sit on the rod.

a lot would say pair with the oj2000hp, I was just thinking do i really need so much line cap when fishing in 30-50 m water?

what do you reckon?
  • azariel
    yeah for local waters the ryoga bay jigging is more than enough I think. im using a size 300 low profile bc myself haha.
  • SilverArrow8
    went to take a look at the Yamaga Blanks 62/3 & 4, super tempted to buy...... ;)
  • dogfight
    hahaha evil..
    is the 63/2 the same as the "slow" series?

btw that would be Angler's Hut @ Kim Keat you went to?

Would you be kind enough to pm me the price you saw bro? (here also can)

im getting it this weekend.. either PSLJ or Yamaga already.. the yamaga looks sexy black
  • poisonmaster
    dogfight" said:
    bassday bottom contact 140g
    damiki backdrop 100g / 130g/ 160g
    fcl slz 150g
    fcl msl 150g
    xesta slow emotion flap (still tryo to find, intending 120g)

I also have a couple of evergreen caprice 50 & 70g, and shout shiver 40 & 60g, wondering what rod to use for these lighter flutter jigs?

plsd to hear your advice bro
    pslj 603-3.... :)
  • poisonmaster
    SilverArrow8" said:
    went to take a look at the Yamaga Blanks 62/3 & 4, super tempted to buy...... ;)
    they're strong :)
  • redwingz
    Hi kakis, just wondering where can i buy propagate beat rod and jig in Singapore?
  • xgalvin
    haha brother i think just pair with oj 1501 HG best for slow pitch. and light bottom.. i now using oj 1501HG pair with synit slow pitch.. :mrgreen:
  • Strider
    i guess this has been posted before and i found their site very useful.

Japanese Angler's Secrets

poisonmaster also has been very helpful.

this is looking like a very interesting technique.
  • i1fang
    Sorry ro hijack this thread, anyway its in topic.

Have notice most Slow pitch rod are beyond 6" and to about 6'6" or 7' range.
    What do you think about if the rod is a 2pc Butt Joint 6'6" or 7'5" range?

Like this model - 파이오니어_슬로우지깅[PIONEER_SLOW JIGGING]
  • ian511
    I have a metal witch 633sf n during a fight with a 5kg-ish snapper, the rod held up really well n being how light it is, it's quite enjoyable. However, the reel slipped out of the rod's reel seat midway during a 2nd fight n the skipper had to help me handline the fish in. I tightened the reel pretty tight, short of damaging the thread so I'm guessing it's the construct of the reel holders n how shallow the reel seat is. Part of the reel seat plastic also chipped off. Apart fm this disappointment, I think it's a nice light rod that's pretty capable.