Gotta Catch Them All !

• superminnn
    Caught my first 2 fishes on storm rubber at PRMP last Sunday night! When luring in the last light however dropped 2 haruans and 1 catfish.. Dissapointed, received a phone call from dad saying he's at PRMP fishing at night so I told him I'll be there to join him. Used storm rubbers and caught my first 2 fish on rubber in PRMP, a mangrove jack and an unga. Nice fight with an unexpected feeling of fish biting at night, as I was reeling the rubber really slowly. Awesome feeling! Would like to try luring with rubber at PRMP again
  • superminnn
    Caught on Norman shallow deep diver
    Casted so many different lures yesterday, no takes. Slow slow day.. Was talking to kaki, and retrieving up the deep diver, as about to reach in front of me a good size haruan whack my lure so hard, baam! That it got my heart shaking and made me jumped! My heart beat so fast and the adrenaline strikes.. Fought the fish and made sure it won't drop again. Both treble hooks were in its mouth. Greedy eater! Enjoy!

Would be super busy with a course that I will be in charge of for 6 weeks. I'll try to squeeze in some luring time! Next up would be PB hunting again or maybe toman hunting. still haven't land one toman yet..

• superminnn
    Its been a long time since I posted. Been so busy with my course that I have to be in charge of, and also my laptop is spoilt. Have been hunting for toman every weekends that it made me forgot about hunting for pbs and haruans and other species! Haha.

And still no giant tomans landed, even in Malaysia..

Went luring yesterday and caught a big fat Male PB! 6lb

Rod: 6-14lb 6ft6 Majorcraft Go Emotion
    Reel: Shimano Calcutta Conquest 101
    Line: Suffix 832 20lb
    Lure: Senses deepdiver 50mm

• superminnn
    Was hunting for tomans, and saw a sewer 'lobang' that the water was flowing.. I knew something would be hiding there. Was using the river2sea rubber, cast exactly at the lobang and let my rubber sink til the floor, the moment I crank my first round, baaam! Fish on already. Sudden shock but had high hopes that there will be something lurking there! Had a good fight with it, possibly my longest haruan caught so far.. Good size. Enjoy the pictures!

• superminnn
    Hi Fishing Kakis! I'm back after a long hiatus of posting as my laptop is down for a month and a half. Haven't been updating and posting, but I have been fishing and catching fishes. Great news, I've finally caught my decent size Giant Snakehead (TOMAN) 4kg! Felt a sense of relief, happiness and excitement when I fought it and when I brought it up. Will post about that in the future posts. The pictures of the Malaysia Felda Toman trip is in my hard drive, will upload it when I can.

As for now, enjoy the pictures of the Peacock Basses I've caught over the past few weeks.

Caught on Shimano Calcutta Conquest 101 and 6'6 Go emotion 5-14lb

• superminnn
    Been trying out Pr-Labs lures and they are great! One example would be the Raven. A suspending minnow that uses water displacement to mimic the sound of a dying fish struggling. Caught a Peacock bass on it.

• superminnn
    Here are more peacock bass caught by me

• superminnn
    Been using the Pr-Lab Venom (Popper) and also Shockwave (Suspending minnow). Caught 2 on the popper and 1 on the shockwave. The popper has water interflow system (I don't know the actual term) but water goes thru the lure and makes a sound of a dying fish. Cool technology made by Pr-Lab lures. Kudos to them. As for the Shockwave, a green tiger colour where it mimics like a Peacock bass, and peacock bass are cannibalistic so other peacock bass will whack, and also tomans. Good suspending minnow with nice action.

• superminnn
    I'm still on hiatus from fishing til further notice. This are past catches since months ago that I have not been uploading. Enjoy again readers :D
  • superminnn
    One of my trustworthy rubbers, the river2sea rig walker! Works for PBs, and especially Tomans! Caught this 2 Juvenile Tomans, while making the rubber drop til the bottom and retrieve slowly, slow crank... Set hook hard, and here we go, 2 Juvenile Tomans caught

• superminnn
    A turn of events happened at PRMP during our(me and my dad) time at the pond some time back. We went for the 3-11pm slot and it was $118 for 2 rods. Costly, but if many fishes were caught it would be worthwhile.

From 3pm-7pm, only 2 Ungas were caught.. Feeling down, We moved to my dads usual spot and our luck changes. From 7-11pm, we caught 12 fishes. Grouper, KBLs and Ungas. Awesome fight, I accompanied my dad cos I wanted to fight the big fishes and helped scooped up the fishes. Total of 14 fishes caught, gave 2 Ungas to an uncle who helped my dad out. We used prawns as baits. A change of luck!! Skill and Knowledge plays a role in catching fishes but Luck also plays a big part in it! Enjoy!

• superminnn
    I think about a month ago or so, I caught my first giant snakehead! Been chasing this species for so long, and finally I have caught one. Spotted a growing fryball, fries with about 5-10cm.. Kept on casting there about 10-15mins and finally the parent whacked! Omg, finally felt my conquest put up for the test..Great fight! With the help of friendly people, I managed to bring up the TOMAN! 3.6kg, not bad not bad but for me the feeling of catching something that i've been chasing = rewarding! Caught on a china minnow lure, that was given by a kaki for free. It was in my cabinet for months, and I just used this for the first time on the day itself. Looks like a grown peacock bass colour. Awesome!

• superminnn
    Hi guys, a few weeks ago i caught my first ever wild Seabass. Awesome fight man! Caught on zman rubber while on the drop awesome fight as it was my first time luring in sw, my friend told me to quickly fight it as it have a tendency to go off hook the moment the fish is near you. Anyway enjoy the pictures.

• azrfrz
    Nice wild kim on zman rubber. Not bad..
  • superminnn
    Thanks bro! Glad you liked it
  • superminnn
    Mayan Cichlid, also know as Cichlasoma Urophthalmus, are fierce fighters. Personally they give a more fiesty fight as compared to Peacock Bass. Different kind of fight haha. Caught 2 on zman rubber. As you notice I'm using spinning reel ryobi 1000. Trying spinning setup cos I wanna hear the screaming of the drag and also selling my BC rods. Do buy!

Enjoy!

• superminnn
    Out of all the 3 boats that went, only my boat and my new kaki raymie landed one decent size toman together as team. I spotted a group of fry (all the fries were 3lb+). For the first time in my life, I've seen those kind of size of tomans that hangs out in a group. And there were like 10 of them.. I told raymie and he casted in that direction. Goalkeeper on his mimix propbait. He was a happy man the moment he landed the toman. I was excited for him and disappointment for myself cos after he casted, I casted and the other fries didn't wanna take my lure. Just followed my lure. I clearly need to find and complete my range of lures needed for toman hunting. Oh wells, I landed small tomans tho, didnt go home as a zero fighter. Had lunch together all of us and also dinner together. Great experience and looking forward to more adventures overseas ! This time I'll do better.

P.S: casted 200-300 times and went home with severe sunburn and cramped forearm, unable to open up for a day or 2 haha. Will upload more pics when I can.

Thanks @pleasebitemylure for organising.

• superminnn
    Caught 2 on valleyhill airmark. Should have caught the bigger Male PB oh well I was in a rush home. This was caught few weeks ago. Enjoy!

• superminnn
    What a day, was having a good time last week hunting for PBs when a PUB Green boat was chasing after me.. Haha in the end I had to move to a different location and resulted in getting Haruans. Enjoy! Caught on rubber and storm thunderstick

• superminnn
    Hi, its been a while since i upload pictures here. Kinda lazy. Thankfully, have been catching fishes however lazy to upload here. I will try to upload here whenever i can. Enjoy the catches! Do pm me or chat me up if you wanna lure, i will follow
  • superminnn
    Biggie PB caught on Venom!
  • superminnn
    Another Temmy caught on Pr-Labs Venom popper! Do give them a visit and like their page.

http://www.pr-labs.com/

Update Your Browser | Facebook

Been catching many many fishes using the lures from Pr-Labs

• superminnn
    PB caught of Pr-Labs E-motion!

• superminnn
    Toman caught on the venom!

• superminnn
    Toman caught on the Raven!! Tight lines

• rleect27
    Bro! Add me to your kaki group chat, looks good.

9 one 01 77 two five

Cheers
  • superminnn
    Another toman fall victim to the Pr-labs Venom popper!

Update Your Browser | Facebook

• superminnn
    Haruan caught on Pr-lab hydrogel rubber!