Gotta Catch Them All !

• superminnn
    On the same day that I caught my personal best catch, I also caught a new fish species! MARBLE GOBY! I was just casting then i felt a pull, set hook, then it was just nibbling feeling all the way. Brought it up and I was like is that a Haruan? When I looked at it closer it's a Marble Goby - Soon Hock. Nas joked say wanna taopao and sell it to shop or not haha can recoup my D-Lure Explorer that I lost before the 3 fishes were caught hahaha. Released all those fishes safely. Great day yesterday! Personal Best and New Fish Species caught!

• dylanngo
    Hi bro so the orange rubber lure is it you get free when buying some lures? if yes was it good??
  • superminnn
    yes, i got it for free when i bought some lures, are you the guy that i bought from? The orange rubber is good, when retrieving the crazy flapping of the 2 tails makes fishes go mad, even the soon hock also want. One thing I would prefer if its slightly bigger. Other than that, retrieving constantly, twitching, retrieve pause drop retrieve, works!

Working on rubber lures and flies techniques for now. Hard Body lures will be least prioritized. Bad thing about rubber and flies, mee hoon bc at the start and casting distance shorten. Any bros care to help me out in this?
  • superminnn
    Any bros willing to bring me to their Toman spot? Still dreaming of my first Toman catch haha
  • superminnn
    Yesterday went to old spot. Used to have pbs haruans there but all not to be found idk why. Moved further and I got a miss. And a huge take on my minnow. Fought it for awhile, caught a glimpse of it. Was either a toman or haruan. Fierce. Then it rested near me. I forgot to keep the line tense while I tool my phone out to record me bringing up the fish. Im the end the fish escaped. Sian. Still affecting me today. Lessons learnt - fight and bring up as soon as you can and take pictures later. Replace old hooks with new ones. Keep line tense at all times. Don't slack.

Anyway as I was twitching my lure accidentally hook on a catfish that was from nowhere, brought it up quickly unhook it and release after taking pics with it. Felt guilty for foul hooking a fish by accident for the first time.. unexpected catch.

• superminnn
    Zebra Tilapia caught in style, fish on, but then lure stuck on rough surface but rod still jerking, so did a stunt, pulled line in many directions possible, guitar the line, and finally the lure came off the surface and the fish still ON! fight and brought up
  • superminnn
    Managed to squeeze a few hours during my off day, Friday, to lure with kaki. Kaki missed a biggie, dropped 2 decent size fish (zebra tilapia and peacock bass). As for me, missed alot, brought up 3. Super packed with work (dad's work and also NS work) so difficult to lure, oh man itch still not cured yet after watching the pro banhock with his toman catches. Damn jealous when I see him hunt toman so easily, especially at a legal area. Shows how much experience and expertise plays a part in landing monsters. I'm gonna persevere and keep on learning and improving into a better lurer. Will learn new knots and different styles and rigs to improve my game. Here are the catches. If you know the spot good for you, if you don't, haha I really can't share with you.. Noticed a significant increase of baiters at many spots (even you bros spots' are taken by them) so lets try preserve what we have. Fish on and have a good weekend guys! Catch em for me!

P.S: $3 China spoon was the MVP haha, bought it with no expectations

• superminnn
    edited October 2014
    Hunting for tomans and haruans tomorrow at LSR! Don't know if i'll catch any, but we will see.

Update: Might not be able to lure, because too many tasks in hand to be completed. Didn't go at all afterall
  • superminnn
    Went luring for the past 2 days, after last week quite good catch week, both days went home as zero fighter haha walau. But missed so many, more than 10. Just today dropped 3, 2 good size pb and 1 haruan. I clearly need to improve on my setting of hook and confidence in landing the fish, I tend to overthink too much. Just fight the fish and bring it up haha *note to self. Later might go for last light luring after camp duty on a Saturday. Sian. Goodnight people!
  • superminnn
    It was a sunday morning and I went to recce. Didn't expect a hookup but was really hoping for some to break the dry spell and also cure the itch. Bro daryl was on a roll as he has been bites after bites and keep bringing up pbs and haruans. As for me I didn't had any whacks at all, not even bites. I was about to give up already and was almost at the end. Kept twlling myself that going home as a zero fighter would make me upset so kept on trying and trying. Rubbers sangkot many times. So I told this is it, this yellow small rubber of mine will give me a catch. And it did. I felt a bite and my rod kept vibrating, I learnt to be patient of setting hook from watching about an hour worth of setting hooks video on youtube. So I reeled in abit until I felt the weight of the fish! Tilapia! And 2nd fish caught was biggest pb of the day but it was just 1lb+

• superminnn
    Happy deepavali guys! Yesterday was awesome managed to catch up on sleep as session with bro apple got cancelled. So went to old used-to-be productive spot. Was raining for an hour straight. Had breakfast and lunch then start casting when the rain subsided. Baiters and netters were present. I warned the prcs netters in Mandarin and made them moved far away from the 'good' spots. Still 0. Moved to nearby location and saw a PB swimming around. Bro amos came along.

Cast my brandless slow sinking minnow twitch twitch chase but nvr bite. Repeated 4 times and BAM! Fish on. Nice size.

2nd fish caught was reeling then it came fast and deepthroat haha. Reaction shot.

Miss so many haruan. Spooked at my approach I guess. Might need to use rubbers instead. Went bedok reservoir after to try the new D-lures Miracles and i must say its awesome for its price. 110mm, good for temmies and toman
  • superminnn
    Caught a temmy while using storm twitch stick to clear the bedok reservoir water on a quiet day.1 strike 1 fish on 1 set hook 1 landed. Went home after landed
  • superminnn
    Releasing the temmy caught! Do comment if you have tips for me on releasing the fish properly, thanks! Will help alot in future fishes caught.

Catch and Release a Juve Temmy - YouTube
  • superminnn
    As I was about to reel in my lure and cast again, a last second explosion occurs. This PB whack and take my lure.

Fish on!!!

It jumped off the hook, and almost dropped into the water after I landed. Put my rod setup away and use my body to stop this jumpy stubborn bugger from going in. Took pictures with it and recorded releasing it. So energetic. Fiesty.

• superminnn
    Bad weekends this week rain and fish ain't as active. The places I have been going to for months is dying and its boring repeating the same shit. So im gonna tecce new places and find new spots! Do tell me if u guys wanna tag along or wanna bring me to ur spots.

Unknown fish caught looks like red devil but it isnt. Any experts mind telling me? Caught on zerek ze-dog. Landed on topwater lure for the first time in many months..Thanks to bro junhao for fixing my go emo rod. Its alive! Haha have to take care of it
    Won't be suprised if it breaks again.

• Wei_Lian
    It looks like an oscar
  • superminnn
    Caught 2 fishes during the weekends, as was feeling lazy, no mood in luring due to commitments and also busy schedule. In need of new spots and wanna catch biggies!

Any kakis nice enough to bring me to quite safe spots with biggies which will pull your line and make the ZREETTTTT SOUND? hahah wait, my BC cannot make ZRETTT sound oops. Have a good week guys!

• superminnn
    edited November 2014
    Went to LSR in the intention to hunt for tomans, after watching banhock countless landing of tomans.. Brought my new rod - rapala shadow 6ft6, with shimano chronoarch and big lures to hunt this monsters. Reach LSR started casting and missed one using my buzzbait, a small black figure chased and whacked my buzzbait, but missed.. Cast there a few more times, nothing. So moved, snapped my line twice, resulting in SAYONARA to my buzzbait, and managed to rescue my Alive Walk the dog, thanks to my kaki amos and also a newly made friend.

He thought me how to tie FG knot (yes, i been trying to tie, no progress) and also tie knot to the swivel.

Zero fighter still, as usual when you hunt for biggies and especially at LSR (Havent' catch any fish here until today), last few more cast before I end my luring session.

Was using my zerek barra x, reeling and twitching, a black figure swam fast towards my lure and whack my lure and FISH ON!! Gave me a fright. Pulled my rod set hooked and fight start!

But it was just infront of me so quickly brought it up and took pictures of it. Released the haruan. ZERO FIGHTER AT LSR FOR MANY MONTHS ALREADY HAS BEEN BROKEN!

MY SEARCH FOR TOMAN CONTINUES HAIZ.

• Elliott
    the unknown fish that looks like red devil is a oscar its not native to singapore ,not common in singapore waters,the oscar is a common fish in the aquarium trade though but ppl always buy on impulse w/o knowing that it can grow until 1ft plus,so 99% is ppl release when it become to big for their tank,in the wild their color not like that will be more greyish so most likely comes from aquarium
  • superminnn
    Thanks bro elliot for the clarification! Even though they are a kept fish, this oscars are fierce biters haha.
    :)
  • superminnn
    No PBS wanted my lures today at Kallang, haha. Fought a big sized haruan, thought it was a toman, cause it was so fierce. The battle was so fierced, wanted to bring it up from high angle, but my snap gave way. Oh well, no picture not talk, but the memory will be remembered. Note to self, to buy better snaps, and also learn new knots (gonna learn FG knot today), I ain't gonna drop any more biggies man.. argh. If I had caught that haruan today, it will be my personal best haruan. About 3kg maybe. Oh man. Hope the rubber in the haruan's mouth will be removed somehow.
  • superminnn
    had difficulty watching the videos of FG knot tying and following, and gave up after 2 hours. Will try again one of these days. Good news is that I'm able to learn the 2nd strongest knot to join the braided with the leader, which is the improved bristol knot. Easy to do. With much practise, one is able to do it under 5 mins? Will test the strength of this knot tmr, lets pray for another biggie to come!

http://www.sportfishingmag.com/techniqu ... -challenge
  • Elliott
    no prob,thry are aggresive eaters for sure even in the tank and as a little 3 inch fella.had one that size and when i come home from school i found him on the floor-dead
  • superminnn
    Went on a family boat fishing trip on the 27.09.2014, didn't expect to catch any big fishes, but i caught the biggest fish of that day
  • superminnn
    After 1.5 years, i'm proud to say i have broken my toman virginity. haha what a late bloomer i am ha

• superminnn
    6 fishes landed, and many many lost. Been itching to lure, had to wait the whole weekdays to end before I can lure, was my lucky day and landed 6 and lost many. I still have to improve on fighting the fish and landing them. Need time to change my bad habits. Lost a good size fish, was fighting it, almost reaching me, it shook the hooks off. Haiz. Was using my new go emotion bfs 5-14lb, bought from a fishing kaki, had fun with it. Itch cured!

Monster hunting next time!

Rod: Major Craft Go Emotion 5-14lb BFS 6'7
    Reel:Shimano Chronarch CI4+ 151HG
    Line: Suffix 832 Ghost 20lb
    Leader: YGK FC 25lb Albright
    Lures: Zerek ze-dog, unknown sinking minnow, R2S Humbug

• superminnn
    Went fishing two days in a row since yesterday.

Wednesday was half day work for me so quickly met up with kaki and went to a spot, sadly rain and no bites at all. Almost at the end of the session, i missed 4, fought 2, 1 good size, but came off. kaki missed 3, one decent size PB on frog lure. haha. Been walking everywhere at the spot to land a fish, was pissed but it challenged me to keep on working. Finally my hard work paid off! A fish bite my sinking minnow lure! Fish on! Didn't wanna lose this fish as it was my last cast haha and I don't wanna go home as a zero fighter after working so hard. Caught the mayan cichlid and was so relieved and happy! ~ Hard work paid off

Rod: Major Craft Go Emotion 5-14lb BFS 6'7
    Reel:Shimano Chronarch CI4+ 151HG
    Leader: YGK FC 25lb Albright
    Lures: Unknown sinking minnow

On Christmas day, when to meet up 3 of my kakis (Team Urban Legends) and went to hunt for tomans at a new spot. Didn't know it was a toman heaven. Kaki lost 2 tomans already, 2nd toman lost i was watching him entice the pair, it saw the lure and it whacked hard, my kaki also set hook like x3 times hard,fought it but the toman outsmarted him, went to structure and then line frayed and snapped, my kaki just lost his newly bought lure - Zerek Gecko.

As for me, landed a small toman and also a small PB while targeting Giant Snakeheads. Oh well, no luck yet. Won't stop til I finally land my first Giant Snakehead (AT LEAST 3KG and above)

Rod: Major Craft Go Emotion 12-20lb 7'
    Reel: Shimano Chronarch CI4+ 151HG
    Leader: YGK Galis Nylon 40lb Albright
    Lures: Dlure Explorer

• dylanngo
    Nice toman bro :D good job!!
  • superminnn
    thanks bro dylan!!
  • superminnn
    Was casting my weedless froggie and look what i got! haha, 2 PBs were lining up to whack this lure as I was retrieving it. The first one whack and fish on! Fight and then fish off, right after that the 2nd PB that was Q-ing up whack and fish on! Fought and brought it up.. No tomans caught for me at LSR. And the Hunt for Giant Snakehead continues..

Rod: Major Craft Go Emotion 12-20lb 7'
    Reel: Shimano Chronarch CI4+ 151HG
    Leader: YGK Galis Nylon 40lb Albright
    Lures: Unknown Frog lure