Gotta Catch Them All !

• superminnn
    Watching banhock's toman catches has made me itch and crave to hunt for tomans man! Anyone got spots please do bring me!
  • superminnn
    Okay, i'm not publicising D-lure and I'm not sponsored by D-lures, but I must say, the explorer model is super good man. Good action and when twitching drives the fishes mad.

It was a saturday morning, I woke up late cos was too tired from work etc, met up with my kaki and went to lure. Water was really bad, like Teh Susu. So cast and cast nothing, so I told my kaki that I read up on the internet that, Black colour lures will work at this kind of waters. He didn't believe me. But I made the statement became real. Whacks after whacks. I brought up 4, missed 6. 4 escaped as I wanted to bring it up. Still mastering the setting hook part. I guess it'll come after time. Sometimes I set hook too late or too hard, thus losing the fish. Would love to hear bros advice here about setting hook. Do invite me for luring sessions!

Here are the pictures! Enjoy! Let's welcome the new week. *itch cured for now. To be continued...

Caught my first ever Jaguar Cichlid. One new species caught, many more to hunt..

• Rainbowfish
    Nice write u bro. Please continue to write your cr with pictures here =D>
  • superminnn
    Thank you bro for the comments. Glad you like my way of posting :)
  • superminnn
    Going to dream of catching Toman in my sleep haha.

• superminnn
    edited June 2014
    Used my sj4000 for the 2nd time and caught 2 PBs using it, quality is super good. However, conversion made the video not good.

<embed src=" Singapore Luring - Bedok Reservoir - YouTube &rel=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0xd4d4d4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="300" height="300" />
  • superminnn
    Hot and humid week it is.. make me no mood to lure. Nevertheless, went bedok reservoir for some casting session and was hoping i could bring one fish up at least. As i was ending my 1.5hr session with 0 catch at all, I spotted a pair of pbs. Kept casting it, as it eat my lure, I set hook, awesome feeling and the fight was good as it pulled my line. (still waiting for my toman to give me a hard fight) 2nd PB was bigger and the fight was as awesome. Ended the 1.5hr session with 2 catches and came home a happy man. Fishes were released safely.

Here are the pictures. Let's give a moment of silence for my GO EMOTION rod, which broke again haha. Will try to fix it, if not I'll just keep it/sell it cheaply. I'll buy a cheap and good BC rod as replacement. Enjoy the pics!

• superminnn
    Been awhile since I last lured, due to broken rod and broken dreams lol.. just kidding. Just going thru a rough patch.. Anyways, lured last Sunday, and was only rewarded with a catch.. sadly.. However, good news is that I'm not a zero fighter. Looks like each trip gives me a catch at least, which is lucky for me

• superminnn
    Been super busy and unavailable to lure, good news, tmr first light I will be able to lure! hoping to get some catches. stay tune for my cr!
  • superminnn
    Have not been luring regularly, due to serving the nation and also personal commitments. Though, was luring last sunday and managed to catch a number of pbs and missed alot using my new setup, fenwick 8-20lb rod with my ever trustworthy chronoarch ci4+.

here are the pictures! enjoy

• superminnn
    wonderful picture of the species caught using the reliable d-lure explorer! you guys should buy it, i recommend buying it man.

• darksmilze
    superminnn" said:

wonderful picture of the species caught using the reliable d-lure explorer! you guys should buy it, i recommend buying it man.

Nice catch at urban spots man :)
  • superminnn
    sorry bro, i don't know what you're talking about :) selamat hari raya to everyone!
  • superminnn
    Caught 2 Mayan Cichlid! Many misses last week, and also lost my dlure explorer to the structures. RIP, you've performed well.. Here are the pictures.

• superminnn
    Went to the hyped event free fishing at Pasir Ris Pond that has been renovated. Best wishes.. Thousands of people stormed the place, many races, many different jigs, many different ways to catch fish. Alot of mee hoons, emotions, words exchanged with people thru all walks of life.. Luck came to some of the fishing kakis who managed to bring up kbls, GTs, and different fish..

I managed to catch one, came late at 11pm, caught one using dead prawn. Lucky catch
  • superminnn
    Missed probably the biggest pb that I've caught so far. Set hook and everything. About to bring up, it came off the hook. Found out that the hooks are rusty and not strong. Sian. Lesson learnt.

• superminnn
    Parrot Fish Caught using Rodford Battlax with ci4+

• superminnn
    GOING TO MANILA - MISSING IN ACTION SINCE LAST POST TIL NEXT NEXT WEEK. (FISHING ON PAUSE)
  • joncver
    Bro when in Manila head north to Pantabangan lake or south to Caliraya lake for largemouth bass action. Been there and catches are awesome --- it's like luring where ever you want without PUB/Npark rangers
  • XBunsoyX
    @joncver woah. But i can't bring my rod there >.< So tempting. never caught a largemouth before.
  • joncver
    you should have... i always carry a travel set

all in a half day catch... sadly though that largemouth bass has become staple food for the locals in that province -- all tapao and given to boatmen and resort.
  • superminnn
    @joncver you bring a travel set with you? even lures? how did you get thru the checks and immigration man! hahahah awesome catches would love to go
  • joncver
    no problem w/ customs and immigration as long as you check-in everything :)
  • Applesanchikosan2
    Nice catch there superminn......
    Long time no see...
    Don't forget to check in on my thread..
    Heehheehehehe!! "Urban city bass hunt SG"
    Am Back now.....see you around bro....
  • superminnn
    @Applesanchikosan2
    finally you have returned bro apple my shifu haha! lets go lure soon together man! been waiting for your return. hope everything is going well on your side :) do pm me your number so we can start luring together. hehe :)

P.S: Just returned from Manila and Johor, will start luring again this weekends. Wait for the CRs alright! :D
  • superminnn
    edited October 2014
    In FW; wild -
    Belida
    RTC
    Toman
    Arowana
    Gurami
  • Applesanchikosan2
    What happen if I join you guys in your new found group?hehehehehe!!!
    Got uniform..t-shirts?hehehe!!
    I'll p.m you my number bro...
    Do watsapp/call me anytime you wanna go hunting... :)
    And I AM NO SHIFU mind you......but I know that I am always damn lucky when luring..
    We talk more when you watsapp me bro..
    We could even make a group chat..hehehe!!
  • superminnn
    Yesterday's catch report. Not bad. Missed a number. 1 brought up but off hook and fell. 3 caught smallie size but still great to experience the FISH ON moment again after 2 weeks of not luring due to busy schedule, travelling, no mood to lure. Haha no worries! I'm back and will be luring every weekends in search of biggies and also my first ever toman species. This is a compiled pic of yesterday's catch. Enjoy! Will lure again later in the afternoon. Gonna try using weedless rubbers for the first time and see if I can bring a fish up with that technique. Learnt to tie FG knot also few days ago, referring to a youtube video, so far so good, strong.

• superminnn
    Yesterday was a day of uncertainties. Went to bedok jetty to fish overnight, nothing at all. Had to throw the baits. However, me and kaki bunsoy brought our fw setup just in case we zero fighter at bedok jetty which we was. So head to kaki spot. Didnt expect any fish to be caught but caught 3 fishes on my small orange rubber that I got free! Haha. Will post the pics later on. The thing is I finally caught a big game pb and its 4LB my personal best! I've haven't had a chance to feel a real PB fight, the one that pulls ur line from ur bc and pulls hard and battles hard, jumps hard and bend my rodford battlax well. Sexy bend. Finally manage to see how my rod perform and its solid. Recommend u guys to try and buy it. Kaki was jealous haha. I cast like 20 times at that area and I sai lets go home the moment I said that wham I felt a very strong pull! Something I've never felt before when luring. (2lb was my biggest then). I knew this was the fish that will beat my 2lb record! Battled it with shaky hands, throbbing heart, cold sweat, the adrenaline rush! Didnt had time to record the battle. Brought it up feeling a satisfied man! Got one ahpek wanna taopao it, say give me the emperor fish, me and kaki totally, took pictures and released safely! Awesome man finally a taste of a real fish in this fw waters. I want more! Bring me along pls! Here are the pictures! Will upload more

• XBunsoyX
    wah pro. can bring me to your spot? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: