Gotta Catch Them All !

• applesanchikosan
    Phook" said:
    Can't believe u gave ur IC to an NP volunteer. NP personnel come I also will not give. What crime have u committed to make u so afraid? It's just fishing bro, keep calm and try to reason ur way out.

If cannot reason, give them the name of ur favorite comic character. :badgrin:

[quote="superminnn"]It's time for me to lure again soon, maybe tomorrow morning i'll go luring, before I go for my driving lesson. Any kakis wanna invite me to go luring with them? I'll tag along and learn from you guys :) Anyways, my last luring session was 19 July if I'm not wrong, with bro apple and sgbdk, went temensis hunting. They, of course, caught more than 5 temmies while me 0. haha, but on the bright side, tips from bro apple and sgbdk, improved my popping technique. I missed about 2-3 times, 1 during a frenzy and 2 after the frenzy. But sad to say, a Nparks volunteer stopped us from luring, but creating a commotion, he threatened us up and down, and demanded our particulars. I, for the first time in my life, was dumb and gave my ic to him -.- he took pics of it. We then left the place, i was moody cos of that incident. I could have just lied my way.

Note: We should not give our IC and our particulars to any PUB, Nparks volunteers, to know if they are volunteers, they don't have any pictures of themselves on their cards. Let this be a lesson to me and every fellow kakis. Tight lines everybody!

pictures soon!
    [/quote] that's a good one bro!!! Hahahaa!!! Np volunteers are just normal people who dun earn an income catching us luring...sometimes we have educate these people that we're are basically a lure user's and also a catch and release angler's.no harm done to the system and no leftovers baits for us to throw...but we must also bear in mind for our own bottled water's,sweet wrappers and cigarette butt.sometimes we dun notice it but i do notice some anglers do that.i usually throw my cigarette butts and sweet wrapper's in my own lure bag and throw them when i reach home.bottle always bring home...hehe!! If the law changes for us lurer's,to be able to fish anywhere we want too it would be great...but more harsh into the people baiting up in these freshwater and polluting the water and area where they fish.not all are blamed for that,but those irresponsible one's that spoil the market actually and through that alone effect the law in this way..and then they blamed the government for this and for that.they forget that they themselves contribute to the pub and making them the pub to implements those rules and be more strict now...fishing is not wrong,but littering is wrong.baiting is also not wrong but leftovers being strewn and left at location is wrong.there's always reasons why law is being put up and there's no law being put up for no reasons.blame the irresponsible angler's whether tabao angler's or the lurer's itself.but like what bro phool say's it s true...dun need to give particulars and lie our way out.but no use coz one of my kaki's got his picture's taken because no id is taken.but better than giving full particular...a face without name is best rather than a full id without face which is traceable.
  • Phook
    applesanchikosan" said:
    [quote="Phook"]Can't believe u gave ur IC to an NP volunteer. NP personnel come I also will not give. What crime have u committed to make u so afraid? It's just fishing bro, keep calm and try to reason ur way out.

If cannot reason, give them the name of ur favorite comic character. :badgrin:

[quote="superminnn"]It's time for me to lure again soon, maybe tomorrow morning i'll go luring, before I go for my driving lesson. Any kakis wanna invite me to go luring with them? I'll tag along and learn from you guys :) Anyways, my last luring session was 19 July if I'm not wrong, with bro apple and sgbdk, went temensis hunting. They, of course, caught more than 5 temmies while me 0. haha, but on the bright side, tips from bro apple and sgbdk, improved my popping technique. I missed about 2-3 times, 1 during a frenzy and 2 after the frenzy. But sad to say, a Nparks volunteer stopped us from luring, but creating a commotion, he threatened us up and down, and demanded our particulars. I, for the first time in my life, was dumb and gave my ic to him -.- he took pics of it. We then left the place, i was moody cos of that incident. I could have just lied my way.

Note: We should not give our IC and our particulars to any PUB, Nparks volunteers, to know if they are volunteers, they don't have any pictures of themselves on their cards. Let this be a lesson to me and every fellow kakis. Tight lines everybody!

pictures soon!
    [/quote] that's a good one bro!!! Hahahaa!!! Np volunteers are just normal people who dun earn an income catching us luring...sometimes we have educate these people that we're are basically a lure user's and also a catch and release angler's.no harm done to the system and no leftovers baits for us to throw...but we must also bear in mind for our own bottled water's,sweet wrappers and cigarette butt.sometimes we dun notice it but i do notice some anglers do that.i usually throw my cigarette butts and sweet wrapper's in my own lure bag and throw them when i reach home.bottle always bring home...hehe!! If the law changes for us lurer's,to be able to fish anywhere we want too it would be great...but more harsh into the people baiting up in these freshwater and polluting the water and area where they fish.not all are blamed for that,but those irresponsible one's that spoil the market actually and through that alone effect the law in this way..and then they blamed the government for this and for that.they forget that they themselves contribute to the pub and making them the pub to implements those rules and be more strict now...fishing is not wrong,but littering is wrong.baiting is also not wrong but leftovers being strewn and left at location is wrong.there's always reasons why law is being put up and there's no law being put up for no reasons.blame the irresponsible angler's whether tabao angler's or the lurer's itself.but like what bro phool say's it s true...dun need to give particulars and lie our way out.but no use coz one of my kaki's got his picture's taken because no id is taken.but better than giving full particular...a face without name is best rather than a full id without face which is traceable.[/quote]

Bro I can tell u the volunteers or outsourced people don't care much about the anglers one, this is based on personal experience with them. I showed them the rubbish I help collected from the fishing spot they also will not care.

One thing is for sure, they can't forced us to give them our IC. If they take ur photo without ur consent, I believe u have the right to ask for it to be deleted.

End of the day they also just doing a job, I don't think they want trouble too with the anglers though some of the volunteers can be pretty rude. U are rude to others, they will be rude to u back. All I know is I'm not gong to get fined for responsible fishing, I can't accept that. If all else fails, make a run for it into the jungle.
  • superminnn
    haha thanks bro phook for your advice, well, luckily nothing happened so far. No fines, no warning. My fellow kaki contacted nparks to clarify, and the volunteers have no right to do what the volunteer did. And the warning the volunteer gave, and he saying that my particulars will be recorded in their database, may not be true..

So the next time I encounter them again, i'll just lie my way out. haha there will always be a moment where you will do a stupid mistake, and that was one of those moments :)

Try my best to bring up some fishes soon. Miss miss miss
  • PerfectIsShit
    superminnn" said:
    Adventure 1: Bedok reservoir park legal area (bridge)

Came with the intention to try out the lures I bought from muthubak. It was my first time luring so I had no intentions maybe a few bites or hits or near hits will please me. I used a popper first and tried to learn how to use. Clearly, beginner's luck came in play. After a few casts, I felt like a snag but can't be bcos I was using a popper. So maybe I reeled in a plastic bag, apparently it was a fish. Idk what's it called. But it was my first catch.

Then I tried various lures like the sinking ones, snagged a few times, but managed to save my lures :D clearly, I needa learn how to use the lures properly and hopefully fellow fishing kakis can help me in my next adventure. Thanks! Caught 1 in 2 hours for first luring experience yay!
    Nice earth eater aka beh bin.
  • superminnn
    PerfectIsShit" said:
    [quote="superminnn"]Adventure 1: Bedok reservoir park legal area (bridge)

Came with the intention to try out the lures I bought from muthubak. It was my first time luring so I had no intentions maybe a few bites or hits or near hits will please me. I used a popper first and tried to learn how to use. Clearly, beginner's luck came in play. After a few casts, I felt like a snag but can't be bcos I was using a popper. So maybe I reeled in a plastic bag, apparently it was a fish. Idk what's it called. But it was my first catch.

Then I tried various lures like the sinking ones, snagged a few times, but managed to save my lures :D clearly, I needa learn how to use the lures properly and hopefully fellow fishing kakis can help me in my next adventure. Thanks! Caught 1 in 2 hours for first luring experience yay!
    Nice earth eater aka beh bin.[/quote]

Thanks bro, but your catches are much better and more haha. I'm slowly learning. No time to lure this past few days
  • sgbdk
    superminnn" said:
    haha thanks bro phook for your advice, well, luckily nothing happened so far. No fines, no warning. My fellow kaki contacted nparks to clarify, and the volunteers have no right to do what the volunteer did. And the warning the volunteer gave, and he saying that my particulars will be recorded in their database, may not be true..

So the next time I encounter them again, i'll just lie my way out. haha there will always be a moment where you will do a stupid mistake, and that was one of those moments :)

Try my best to bring up some fishes soon. Miss miss miss
    lol.. sorry for the late reply
    no worries bro.. nothing gonna happen to us..
    I didn't know im equipped with numbers that I can forget skills too lol
    take care while during yr NS

see you soon..
  • superminnn
    Some of you may not know that I enlisted to NS last august, and has been inactive in luring for 6-7 months. I will be starting my luring adventures soon, so keep a lookout :)

Please do invite me for your luring trips whenever you guys are going, would like to learn from you guys :)
  • sgbdk
    superminnn" said:
    Some of you may not know that I enlisted to NS last august, and has been inactive in luring for 6-7 months. I will be starting my luring adventures soon, so keep a lookout :)

Please do invite me for your luring trips whenever you guys are going, would like to learn from you guys :)
    Lol welcome back

Things will get even better when u earn yr 2 wheels card.. get it done n start luring with me and apple
  • superminnn
    Hello fellow lurers, I'm back here again learning my trade as a lurer. I've been out for 6-7 months due to NATIONAL SERVICE, and I'm now a medical instructor at CDA so I do have some available time to cure the itch that I have had since 6 months ago.

Bro sgbdk has helped me alot in telling me what has changed over the 6 months, more and more spots have reducing number of fishes due to taopao-ers and also increasing number of people knowing of lurer's 'secret' spots and also the now hyperactive PUB and NPARKS personnel.

As for me, I'm still learning to getting the techniques right for my lures and would love to reel in a fish or two each trip as a motivation.

Bro sgbdk and me went to mandai legal area to lure last Tuesday, it has been a long time since I lured, i even forgot how to tie my knots. (shows how much NS does to you
  • sgbdk
    superminnn" said:
    Hello fellow lurers, I'm back here again learning my trade as a lurer. I've been out for 6-7 months due to NATIONAL SERVICE, and I'm now a medical instructor at CDA so I do have some available time to cure the itch that I have had since 6 months ago.

Bro sgbdk has helped me alot in telling me what has changed over the 6 months, more and more spots have reducing number of fishes due to taopao-ers and also increasing number of people knowing of lurer's 'secret' spots and also the now hyperactive PUB and NPARKS personnel.

As for me, I'm still learning to getting the techniques right for my lures and would love to reel in a fish or two each trip as a motivation.

Bro sgbdk and me went to mandai legal area to lure last Tuesday, it has been a long time since I lured, i even forgot how to tie my knots. (shows how much NS does to you ;)). To sum it up, no fishes. Bro sgbdk caught a nice temensis so applause goes to him.

Today, me and him went to aof to buy some lures. So i bought new lures, and went to test them at a nearby legal area - kallang. Each cast brought me CATCHES OF PLASTIC BAGS AND LOTS OF RUBBISH. RABAK MAN. Bro sgbdk was using my rod for awhile and managed to catch a tilapia. I then left and went home a happy man cos I managed to get a feel how it feels like when the fish whacks and fight you in a tug-of-war battle.

Here are the pictures of the tilapia. Proud catch of mine since for so long being a zero fighter.
    Up for u bro . Remember more time more luring more experience n knowledge acquired
  • superminnn
    Well, it was a last minute plan to lure with bro sgbdk, at one of his playgrounds. The water there was quite dirty, filled with thrash. I tried the lures that I've bought over the days. I then changed spot and tried jigging using my storm flutterstick, jig jig flutter a few times and WHAM! A large pull to my rod, didn't really set the hook but I fought it, it jumped a few times and to my delight it was a haruan. Both hooks were in its mouth, hungry fellow. Took pictures with my shaky hands. Sadly, I lost that flutterstick due to a clumsy mistake.

Fish was released back safely.

So far the lures i've lost, were all due to silly silly mistakes. Not cos of snags, but oh well. Its rather you lose the lures than lose your life wanting to save your lures. Will buy my flutterstick again and maybe some storm lures. (ANYONE WANTS TO SELL ME CHEAP?)

Thanks bro sgbdk.

Here are the pictures :

• Rainbowfish
    Nice catch bro, decent size, must be good fight on light tackle.
  • Fssh
    nice catch bro! i also havent been luring for ages hahaha. keep them cmg! :D
  • sgbdk
    More to come bro..

Most impt safety and watch out 4 each other first..
  • superminnn
    Thanks guys, looking forward to my next session.as for now, I have some family matters to attend and I'm falling sick. Keep luring and Tight lines.
  • sgbdk
    Lol... coming soon
  • joncver
    would love to try luring but no kakis... and I stay just opposite bedok reservoir... perhaps anyone can teach me a trick or two?
  • daniyas
    joncver" said:
    would love to try luring but no kakis... and I stay just opposite bedok reservoir... perhaps anyone can teach me a trick or two?
    I also wan to join...learn how to lure. Maybe I can tag along too.
  • superminnn
    sure sure we can chat on whatsapp, make a group or something.. pm me your hp numbers :D
  • superminnn
    This was my second time coming to this pay pond. First time zero fighter, but alot of misses. This time landed 6 fishes. 3 big ass fish. The best catch was the red tail catfish, the moment i threw bait, it immediately pulled my rod until the max, I was about 50 metres away from my rod, until somebody shouted eh your rod your rod, the moment i saw, i sprinted haha.. set hook and FISH ON!

This bad ass went under the weeds and under the nets, so deep.. my reel keep screaming and my line pulled so much.. I had to squat down and tilt my rod to the right or left, to prevent my line from bursting due to the friction of the line and the nets. Pump and pump, still it kept pulling and pulling. About 10mins or so of hard fought battle, i manage to bring up my prize. My hands were trembling in excitement as I took a picture with it. Will fight it again one day, hopefully a bigger one that lurks in that pond. Kudos to bro sgbdk for being a wonderful buddy *thumbs up!

Here are the pictures!

• sgbdk
    superminnn" said:

This was my second time coming to this pay pond. First time zero fighter, but alot of misses. This time landed 6 fishes. 3 big ass fish. The best catch was the red tail catfish, the moment i threw bait, it immediately pulled my rod until the max, I was about 50 metres away from my rod, until somebody shouted eh your rod your rod, the moment i saw, i sprinted haha.. set hook and FISH ON!

This bad ass went under the weeds and under the nets, so deep.. my reel keep screaming and my line pulled so much.. I had to squat down and tilt my rod to the right or left, to prevent my line from bursting due to the friction of the line and the nets. Pump and pump, still it kept pulling and pulling. About 10mins or so of hard fought battle, i manage to bring up my prize. My hands were trembling in excitement as I took a picture with it. Will fight it again one day, hopefully a bigger one that lurks in that pond. Kudos to bro sgbdk for being a wonderful buddy *thumbs up!

Here are the pictures!

lol.. glad you enjoy yr session.

sooner or later you get your CPC
  • superminnn
    I was introduced by spin fly when at the start of my luring journey. But was'nt so interested in making them. Bought a vice set at coho, since no one was selling.. and been using materials found at home. Looks like crap so bought fly materials from a fellow kaki. Thanks to him..

well here is my new flies that i made under 20 mins.. still newbie so the process of making flies is slow for me for now.. any comments to improve on them? any other easy but effective designs that i can make? please do tell me..

will try them out by the end of this week and hopefully bring up some pb/temensis. any kind bros willing to bring me to their pb spots for me to test out my flies? thanks alot
  • Jimmy Aw
    Bro. Buy a light 3 - 4m pole rod... With your flies / 4 - 6lb Dupont leader.

Ask Henry of Coho, how to tie some Twisted leader... U will enjoy the pole role and your flies!

The flies will hit fish for sure! :D
  • sgbdk
    Jimmy Aw" said:
    Bro. Buy a light 3 - 4m pole rod... With your flies / 4 - 6lb Dupont leader.

Ask Henry of Coho, how to tie some Twisted leader... U will enjoy the pole role and your flies!

so far so gd bro.. I see gd improvement in yr fly
  • Jimmy Aw
    Nah...in fact, still trying to get back on speed with the tying. Used to be able to whipping up dozen or 2 of flies in a while.

Now all down the drain after stopping tying for such a long while.

Nice to get started again. Hopefully workload ease up and can maintain some time for the hobby. :)
    sgbdk" said:
    [quote="Jimmy Aw"]Bro. Buy a light 3 - 4m pole rod... With your flies / 4 - 6lb Dupont leader.

so far so gd bro.. I see gd improvement in yr fly[/quote]
  • superminnn
    Giving up on bc luring! Using an abu black max with relix 5ft+ rod. And I must say bc is tough man! And frustrating. Always mee hoon. Even though can free form cast, there's always a possibility of meehoon. Why?! I'm using a 15lb braided line. Will changing to fluorocarbon reduce meehoon greatly with a smaller lb?

If not, I just sell the abu max and upgrade to better spinning setup.
  • superminnn
    Lured and tested out my new bc setup, majorcraft go emotion with calcutta 200 right handed (big, and I'm comfortable with left handed reels). Anyway, had to adapt to the bc reel if not would be a wasted trip. So the way I hold the setup while twitching is awkward. I'll try this reel a few more times, if still not suitable, sell and buy a left handed.

While i was using ze-dog and walking it, bamm, 1 small pb hit it. wanted to take a pic with it, but it kept jumping on the grass and it went back to the water by itself.. missed a few. And then came a big hit, fought it like for a min or two then brought it out. good size, forgot to lip grip it and measure, cos too excited lol. Released safely. Got china man wanted to take the fish (the guy in black shirt), i said can, i took out the hooks and then throw the pb back in and say ok go and get your fish yourself

• joncver
    bro, is that bedok reservoir again?

was there yesterday morning and got a hit at the deck using popper :)
  • Ah teck
    Wow bro gd job for ticking off the FT