Fishing in Ubin

bulldog
edited April 2005 in General Fishing
Hi any pros out there know where is a good spot for fishing? The tide on Saturday is like 11am....so thinking of heading there to do some luring (first timer).... anyone heading in that direction?
  • Stephen See
    You can try the 2 wooden bridge cum dam. My fren caught a 3++kg KBL over there before. Got KBL and mangrove jacks. But its always not easy to catch a fish in Singapore. So well......
  • Jerrick Lim
    yeap.... the 2 bridge is a spot which produce surprises. There is once that i saw a big KBL swimming around there... but it juz wont take my bait. and finally, it juz swim away.....

Fishes u can catch are KBL, MJ (rare), catfish if u luring. If u r using bait, u might also get puffer (very common), whittings (common), ACK, todak and grouper (rare)
  • ben107
    Jerrick" said:
    yeap.... the 2 bridge is a spot which produce surprises. There is once that i saw a big KBL swimming around there... but it juz wont take my bait. and finally, it juz swim away.....

Fishes u can catch are KBL, MJ (rare), catfish if u luring. If u r using bait, u might also get puffer (very common), whittings (common), ACK, todak and grouper (rare)
    What kindda lures to use there?
  • bulldog
    Hi there, thanks for all your reply. I just bought a few lures from Siow Chiang at UBI. To be frank, I didn't know which one to buy, so I bought 4 type that appealed to my eyes. 1) Sinking type that can go to 6 Ft water. 2) Heskey Jerk (Something like that) 3) Jointed (White and Red) 4) Some popper from Sure Catch. As you can see, I am a total newbie for lures. But I do hope they do some miracles for me. I will be using a 6ft Shimano Stimula rod and a Shimano Reel with 10 pound braided line (Luminous green Spide line)
  • Michael Lim
    Hi bulldog,

just remember one detail when you're working the lures, you're supposed to imitate a dying or injured baitfish which the predators are after.

So you'd need to work the lure accordingly, twitching, pausing, etc. Practise makes perfect, so keep trying.

Cheers,
  • bulldog
    Hi Michael,

I understand. Will do all the "Twist" and "Jerk" to make sure it looks like a injured fish. Wish me luck...

Thanks
  • triptyce
    Differrent lures work differently, best is ask the boss of the shop, or trail and error yeah? practice makes perfect!