Anyone fish at Sembawang canal ??

Leona Lee
edited July 2006 in General Fishing
Hi all,

Have anyone fish near the sembawang canal...somewhere near blk 469...facing the blue window HDB block ??

I saw many fish splashing and playing at midnight and even bird !! Yes at midnight. But when try to fish, the hook keep getting stuck at bottom.
Water too shallow ??

But really many bubble and movement in the water...
  • ahwei
    gt rocks at bottom. plus the tree there. kena big fish jia lat.
  • Kenn
    there so many tilapias and japanese fish...dun think will have any big fish in there...almost every two days got ppl come and net the place...
  • Naga
    just for my enqueries! is this canal lead to Yishun ITE?

If the ANS is "YES", try using rubber or popper during out-going tide!
  • humanform
    Naga" said:

im currently studing at yishun ite >< y i see no canel ?
  • BlurBear
    Kenn" said:
    there so many tilapias and japanese fish...dun think will have any big fish in there...almost every two days got ppl come and net the place...
    Foreigners also put nettings at there. but almost every evening can see ppl fishing there. Anyone tried luring there?
  • Kenn
    Naga" said:

the answer is no :lol: .....i think the canal lead to admiralty side , goes out to the sea....
  • Leona Lee
    Kenn" said:
    [quote="Naga"]just for my enqueries! is this canal lead to Yishun ITE?

the answer is no :lol: .....i think the canal lead to admiralty side , goes out to the sea....[/quote]

Bingo !! I am sure there is big flash because the sound of splashing is loud enough at night.
    Just wonder what is a good way to cast if water is shallow ?? Gentle and control the line ??
  • BlurBear
    i've seen few guys pole-fishing at the canal, but dunno wat they caught.
  • Kenn
    last time when the blue windowed area just finished 5-6 years ago the canal did not have that much tilapia...there were mullets on the water and other fishes..horseshoe crabs passing through my legs when i was catching mollys..caught a giant herring there....now dun think have any more already.....only more and more tilapias and sangkut nets underwater...
  • Leona Lee
    Haiyo but tilapas is nice leh ! I just steam one today, very sweet you know the flesh
  • saikoduri
    LEONA LEE" said:
    Haiyo but tilapas is nice leh ! I just steam one today, very sweet you know the flesh
    :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :smt078 :smt078
  • Kenn
    i gave my friend one of the tilapia i caught from there for him to go home at cook....he says that the muddy smell very strong...
  • Leona Lee
    saikoduri" said:
    :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :smt078 :smt078
    Haiyo i must do the Tilapia justice :smt022 ...ok at least the red one !
    Not sure saikoduri and kenn you all eat what type of Tilapia you eat but the red one is DEFINITELY good and no muddy smell ! I cook another Tilapia to verify and yeeesss...very good leh. Ok this forum is making me do crazy things ... see i siow enough to take a picture for you all, must try again lah...:smt027
    Folks...don't miss out the delicious meat of red tilapia. This advertisement is brought to you by auntie Leona

• heseow
    Auntie, where you catch your Tilapia?
    I think the location of the Tilapia caught does make a difference. Most tilapias caught have got a very strong muddy smell.
  • stanle
    some ppl are sensitive to fishy/mud taste, some not, some VERY VERY, jus like me :oops:

anything caught from the sea, definately good to be on the plate :smt007
  • Ern
    LEONA LEE" said:
    [quote="Kenn"][quote="Naga"]just for my enqueries! is this canal lead to Yishun ITE?

the answer is no :lol: .....i think the canal lead to admiralty side , goes out to the sea....[/quote]

Bingo !! I am sure there is big flash because the sound of splashing is loud enough at night.
    Just wonder what is a good way to cast if water is shallow ?? Gentle and control the line ??[/quote]

Hi Leona,

Maybe you could use a floater to keep the bait/hook off the snugs. This way, the Red Tilapias will still bite and you would be able to catch them for dinner.
  • Ern
    LEONA LEE" said:
    [quote="Kenn"][quote="Naga"]just for my enqueries! is this canal lead to Yishun ITE?

Just wonder what is a good way to cast if water is shallow ?? Gentle and control the line ??[/quote]

Hi Leona,

Maybe you could use a floater to keep the bait/hook off the snugs. This way, the Red Tilapias will still bite and you would be able to catch them for dinner.
  • BlurBear
    Auntie Leona, maybe u can try fishing at sembawang canal agn? if u caught those tilapias, what u going to do, transform them into wonderful dishes?
  • HKS
    semb canal u gotta go to the water outlet there hmm a poorly illustrated map hahaha there first u take sum bread throw into water there will be ALOT of tilapia coming to feed...thn u use a floater rig wif bread and jus cast...the tilapias who feed generally small bigger one's come by to feed less often but can be seen swimming ard hmmm i seldom go there i stay ard w'lands let mi noe if u need help

-------footpath------------------| car pass this bridge |------------[MRT track]
    | \ / |
    |outlet| <<there
  • Leona Lee
    Ern" said:
    [Hi Leona,

Floater ? Ah...thanks....i will try
  • Leona Lee
    The red Tilapas is not caught from the canal.. my biggest catch is only my 1 and only small grouper...no luck with Red Tilapas yet :oops: :oops:

By the way someone mention to me that the water from the canal are from senokor, which lead out / in from the chemical discharge plant ??? might be harmful if consume .... :vom:
  • Kenn
    i nv see red tilapia at the canal lehz if got i also want to try eating but there got arrowana hehe arrowana meat good anot :lol: ??.....ya...if u go all the way down it will lead to senoko then the sea.....
  • chineseguy_1979
    Kenn" said:
    i nv see red tilapia at the canal lehz if got i also want to try eating but there got arrowana hehe arrowana meat good anot :lol: ??.....ya...if u go all the way down it will lead to senoko then the sea.....
    got dragonfish ? sure ?
  • Kenn
    chineseguy_1979" said:
    [quote="Kenn"]i nv see red tilapia at the canal lehz if got i also want to try eating but there got arrowana hehe arrowana meat good anot :lol: ??.....ya...if u go all the way down it will lead to senoko then the sea.....
    got dragonfish ? sure ?[/quote]

lol :lol: .....so many years in sembawang only see before 1 time.... :lol:
  • dizzyfn_yt
    guys can fish there or not ? got aunty say cannot leh
  • Michael Lim
    guys can fish there or not ? got aunty say cannot leh

Did you know you have dug up a 14 year old thread?

Not even sure if any of the original posters are even active anymore.  LoL..  It might be better for you to start a new thread for this.