Where to get ultrasonic cleaners in Singapore?

Alan Ang 73
edited May 2011 in Reels
Hi guys,

I am planning to get an ultrasonic cleaner to clean my reel as well as bearings.
Any idea where I can get one in singapore and what is the cost involved?

PS: please don't suggest the cheapo jewellery cleaners unless you have first hand experience of one that works.

Thank you.
  • chris@sg
    does dentists use ultrasonic cleaners? if they do, then perhaps those dentist tools suppliers ?
  • Alan Ang 73
    wah... so high end ah??

i think something that is heated and can do about 40,000hz is good enough... :P
  • chris@sg
    dont know man.. i use the old method of toothbrush and detergent for reel cleaning and lighter fluid for bearings
  • Alan Ang 73
    chris@sg" said:
    dont know man.. i use the old method of toothbrush and detergent for reel cleaning and lighter fluid for bearings
    i understand that lighter fluids may not clean the bearings well... i was hoping to clean it better... then again, i was wondering if all i want is to clean the bearings, will those meant for jewellery suffice?
  • frank7
    Contact info: Tel +65 6273 0898 Fax +65-6273-0810
    Email info@its-sciencemedical.com

i think the company is in henderson.

http://www.its-sciencemedical.com/index ... ategory=30
  • Alan Ang 73
    frank7" said:
    Contact info: Tel +65 6273 0898 Fax +65-6273-0810
    Email info@its-sciencemedical.com

i think the company is in henderson.

http://www.its-sciencemedical.com/index ... ategory=30
    hi frank, thanks for the info.
    have you used it before? which model did u buy? how much did u pay for it if i may ask?
  • frank7
    sorry, can't advise on that bcos i mainly bought them for work purpose. roughly the cost of a twinpower.

But do search around for company that supply consumable to laboratory, there should be many many models to choose from.
  • chris@sg
    Alan Ang 73" said:
    i understand that lighter fluids may not clean the bearings well...
    if u are more gung ho.. take apart the bearing to clean the ball, cage and casing individually. think the hardest part to clean would be the cage. seen one website that sells the ceramic ball separately and iirc, they tell you how to take it apart and put it back together
  • Alan Ang 73
    chris@sg" said:
    [quote="Alan Ang 73"]i understand that lighter fluids may not clean the bearings well...
    if u are more gung ho.. take apart the bearing to clean the ball, cage and casing individually. think the hardest part to clean would be the cage. seen one website that sells the ceramic ball separately and iirc, they tell you how to take it apart and put it back together[/quote]not that gungho... i prefer to use technology to help instead...
  • Peek
    I think ultrasonic cleaner also cannot clean the entire reel becasue some of the parts are make of plastics and they absorb the wave than vibrate the dirt away ;)

And I think is too expensive method to wash a reel this way :(
  • Alan Ang 73
    Peek" said:
    I think ultrasonic cleaner also cannot clean the entire reel becasue some of the parts are make of plastics and they absorb the wave than vibrate the dirt away ;)

read from tackletog and understood that most parts will benefit from an ultrasonic clean up
  • Peek
    Alan Ang 73" said:
    [quote="Peek"]I think ultrasonic cleaner also cannot clean the entire reel becasue some of the parts are make of plastics and they absorb the wave than vibrate the dirt away ;)

read from tackletog and understood that most parts will benefit from an ultrasonic clean up[/quote]

Maybe they are right, but alot of talk in forum are crap and not econmically feasible :roll:
    Take a look at what tackle shop does will never go wrong, I think you had seen those if you mention Zippo above ;)
  • Alan Ang 73
    Peek" said:
    Maybe they are right, but alot of talk in forum are crap and not econmically feasible :roll:
    Take a look at what tackle shop does will never go wrong, I think you had seen those if you mention Zippo above ;)
    tackletog is written by enthusiasts... so not like the forum talk that we see mostly. but i do agree that maybe zippo will suffice. nonetheless, i would really love to see an ultrasonic cleaner clean those bearings manz...
  • Peek
    Alan Ang 73" said:
    [quote="Peek"]Maybe they are right, but alot of talk in forum are crap and not econmically feasible :roll:
    tackletog is written by enthusiasts... so not like the forum talk that we see mostly. but i do agree that maybe zippo will suffice. nonetheless, i would really love to see an ultrasonic cleaner clean those bearings manz...[/quote]

aiya, what bearing u using ?
  • Alan Ang 73
    Peek" said:
    aiya, what bearing u using ?
    i am still using stock... but will be changing to ceramics soon. :)
  • Peek
    ok, I saw the website... those guys using ceramic for finness for bass fishing
    Is a good idea for ceramic, you can try invest on one and let us know the result :)
  • Peek
    btw - what reel u using on those ?
  • Alan Ang 73
    Peek" said:
    btw - what reel u using on those ?
    i have the following BC reels:
    2 x presso (both with ZPI RC-301 spool)
    1 x pixilla (stock spool but also has a spare ZPI RC-301 spool)
    1 x Alphas R
    1 x Alphas iTO
    1 x TDZ type R
    1 x Z2020
    1 x Z2020SH (with RCS spool)
    1 x Shimano Calais
    1 x Zillion 50th anniversary

the first 4 models are mainly finesse reels for me... :)
  • Alan Ang 73
    Peek" said:
    ok, I saw the website... those guys using ceramic for finness for bass fishing
    Is a good idea for ceramic, you can try invest on one and let us know the result :)
    yah, keen to test them out... also going to sell off some of my babies... most are collectibles... just 'shelf queens'
  • Peek
    yeah, those are light tackle finnese stuff... history for me. :p
  • Alan Ang 73
    Peek" said:
    yeah, those are light tackle finnese stuff... history for me. :p
    u playing heavy stuff now? deep sea? inshore? or freshwater?
  • kutulima
    ultrasonic cleaner could be bought at Home fix diy....though it is jewellery ultrasonic cleaner...but still do the job....

http://www.olee.com.sg/prod_health_digitalcleaner.html

list of places selling

http://www.olee.com.sg/locate_our_store.html

will cost less than 100 bucks...definitely
  • haoz
    kutulima" said:
    ultrasonic cleaner could be bought at Home fix diy....though it is jewellery ultrasonic cleaner...but still do the job....

list of places selling

Wah! NICE!! THANKS!!

kutulima rocks! :D
  • kutulima
    haoz" said:
    [quote="kutulima"]ultrasonic cleaner could be bought at Home fix diy....though it is jewellery ultrasonic cleaner...but still do the job....

list of places selling

Wah! NICE!! THANKS!!

kutulima rocks! :D[/quote]

ure welcome
  • saketprakash
    please connect me.. i can help you to provide solution related Ultrasonic machine . For Ex: cleaner, Welding, Sieving.
    Please visit www.rooptelsonic.com
    Email: saketprakash@rooptelsonic.com
    Cont: +91-22-42111610
  • Luke Maow Bear
    ​ Looks good man; I can't seem to find the pricing or do we have to email them? @"Jump'n Jack" 

• Jump'n Jack
    Hey Luke,
    you need to email them at sales@taihei.com.sg
    or call therm at

37 Tannery Lane
    #06-07 Tannery House
    Singapore 347790

Tel:    (65) 6743 9120

• Luke Maow Bear
    Hey Luke,
    you need to email them at sales@taihei.com.sg
    or call therm at

37 Tannery Lane
    #06-07 Tannery House
    Singapore 347790

Tel:    (65) 6743 9120

​Thanks bro, sorry I had a blonde moment.