Reels Showcase

• fishingboy
    LV could mean "Light Version". just guessing
  • fishingboy
    Just to share some pics of one of my workhorse reel. A supertuned '04 edition Daiwa Pixy, with TD-Z hyper tournament drag with carbontex, Boca SiC BB's, GIGAS spool, new worm gear, TD-Z titanium nitride lineguide, and with a drag power of 9lbs.

• behside shooter
    fishingboy" said:
    Just to share some pics of one of my workhorse reel. A supertuned '04 edition Daiwa Pixy, with TD-Z hyper tournament drag with carbontex, Boca SiC BB's, GIGAS spool, new worm gear, TD-Z titanium nitride lineguide, and with a drag power of 9lbs.

very malaysian looking reel.
    like those motorbike with number plates like JKK, MAS, JEP etc.
  • ben
    Nice! a pixilla :heart:
  • blackwidow
    LV is long version i think handle longeR?
  • fishingboy
    ben" said:
    Nice! a pixilla :heart:
    nice to know that someone here knows that it's a pixzilla :D

BW bro,
    hmm... Not sure about what LV means. Apart from the sligly different spool, handle and black colored highlights, i guess the rest of the components are basically the same as the ordinary DC/DC7.
  • prodrivep1
    fishingboy" said:
    [quote="ben"]Nice! a pixilla :heart:
    nice to know that someone here knows that it's a pixzilla :D

BW bro,
    hmm... Not sure about what LV means. Apart from the sligly different spool, handle and black colored highlights, i guess the rest of the components are basically the same as the ordinary DC/DC7.[/quote]

yes.. u r right.
  • Benster
    hi guys.. finally got my baby put together.. :D

Daiwa Ize' Factory Certate 2500 Custom Limited Edition red body , RCS 2500 Air Spool, Bassart handle & Hyperspin knob.
  • fishingboy
    One word to describe, "Awsome"!
  • Intense
    Great works guys, but has anyone ever customised their reels with either powder coating or anodising the frame or spools. Seen lotsa after markets parts and still no one has done any pimping to their reels...

Maybe i should be the first...

Currently sourcing for someone who is willing to anodise my parts.. .

Shall post it up if i'm sucessful...

Cheers!
  • fishingboy
    Intense" said:
    Great works guys, but has anyone ever customised their reels with either powder coating or anodising the frame or spools. Seen lotsa after markets parts and still no one has done any pimping to their reels...

Maybe i should be the first...

Currently sourcing for someone who is willing to anodise my parts.. .

Shall post it up if i'm sucessful...

Cheers!
    Can you find anyone that does customised anodizing in S'pore? Anodizing is not easy and takes experience and good workmanship. I've seen some anodized parts done in the states and they are really excelent, both interms of color shade and finishing.
  • Benster
    another pic of my 'chinese new year' certate.. :yo:
  • seacucumber
    wah....chio! :p
  • Intense
    Can you find anyone that does customised anodizing in S'pore? Anodizing is not easy and takes experience and good workmanship. I've seen some anodized parts done in the states and they are really excelent, both interms of color shade and finishing.
    Actually, i'm still hunting for such shops around s'pore... i've found some doing powder coating but that will increase the diameter of the spool, and i dun know if it'll fit after.. still hunting, will let you guys know if i find one affordable one around... then we'll seriously chng our reels... haha...
  • blackwidow
    my new weapon

• seacucumber
    woohoo....bleeding knobs!!
  • fish1401
    introspect" said:
    [quote="lure_fishin"]My Conquest 100 :yo:
    very nice bro... to compliment, here's my weapon of choice :hehe:

[/quote]

This is Really NICE .... ;)
  • white&nerdy
    all sooo chio... im drooling :p
  • seacucumber
    just added a Bassart Hyperspin Knob... :yo:

• Nauzer
    Wasei...

New Toy huh??!!

Swee lei.. :)
  • seacucumber
    another diff knob.... which one look better?
  • seacucumber
    double power!! me and my friends'.... :yo:

• mUmMy_ToMaN
    seacucumber" said:
    another diff knob.... which one look better? :p
    the black 1 of cos! :)

sibei swee...
  • spinno
    seacucumber" said:
    double power!! me and my friends'.... :yo:
    Wah u and your friend very rich hor??? :$ :$ :$
  • Benster
    oops.. i also joined the Branzino club.. :embarrass:

i know its ugly la.. just put for fun.. will experiment with other combinations.. :P
  • Benster
    okie dokie.. more combinations..

with Daiwa RCS Oak knob

finally settled on the black Bassart barrel knob..

:yo:
  • skybleu
    Nice Branzinos with the black Bassart knobs..matches very well...

Benster,ever considered getting the Studio Ocean Mark Spool to match your red Certate?I think that'll be awesome..though i must say i find the orange handle seem to be an oddity among the red-ness heh..Cheers!
  • Bashful Hunter
    Heres one of me BC reel. Position for light lures and non-snaggy waters.

• Benster
    skybleu" said:
    Nice Branzinos with the black Bassart knobs..matches very well...

Benster,ever considered getting the Studio Ocean Mark Spool to match your red Certate?I think that'll be awesome..though i must say i find the orange handle seem to be an oddity among the red-ness heh..Cheers!
    i actually had the red studio ocean spool before i got the RCS spool.. i found that the red of the studio spool didn't match the red of the certate well, and the drag performance was not up to my expectations (easily sticky even after cleaning) so i sold it :p
  • fishingboy
    Just to share a couple of pictures of my currently stock, untuned Deps ZDV (based on the Zillion platform) tuned by Okumura. if Yuki Ito can to it, so does Okumura

Sadly, this 'aluminum' reel is only meant for freshwater use only :'(